Quantcast

Hargreaves Hill Esb...wow!

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

jakethesnake559

Reaction score
I have found my new favourite beer...Hargreaves Hill ESB.
Dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin from NZ...I love it :icon_drool2: !!

And just when SWMBO was planning a trip out the yarra valley for a Saturday lunch :ph34r: .

Danwood

Space left intentionally blank
Reaction score
I have found my new favourite beer...Hargreaves Hill ESB.
Dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin from NZ...I love it :icon_drool2: !!

And just when SWMBO was planning a trip out the yarra valley for a Saturday lunch :ph34r: .

It's bloody good, isn't it !
Went for tea there last week...the courses were as follows...

ESB
Calamari and fat chips
Pale
Stout
Dubbel

Beth and co. are doing a great job !

PhantomEasey

Reaction score
Yep, love this beer - had it from the handpump at The Royston in Richmond last Friday and it was :icon_drool2:

Golani51

Reaction score
It had been a staple for me when I was teaching at RMIT. I ended up introducing sooo many people to it that Simon came in one day and handed me a 6- pack with his only words being "I hear you deserve this".
Simon is a top guy as well.

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
You do. I wouldn't go near a beer that bitter before you introduced me to it. :icon_cheers:

Golani51

Reaction score
Glad I have developed you somewhat.

Midnight Brew

Reaction score
My staple beverage when I go to Mrs Parma's after the footy. Fantastic drop.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
wicked beer on tap

maxymoo

Reaction score
Yep, love this beer - had it from the handpump at The Royston in Richmond last Friday and it was :icon_drool2:
I agree it is a delicious beer, my favourite on tap at the Rainbow in Fitzroy. I wonder why they decided to serve it from the hand pump at the Royston ? Isn't it an American pale ale ? (Although I suppose this shouldn't matter ?)

jbowers

Reaction score
It is structured much more like an APA than an ESB, I agree. I don't think I've tried it since it's changed to from Galaxy to Nelson Sauvin, will have to revisit!

HoppingMad

Ein Stein
Reaction score
Have enjoyed this beer on tap at the Royston. Agree with comments that it is as 'un-english' in flavour as you can get - more an APA than anything else.

Tried it at Easter just outside of Daylesford at a little town called Lyonville where surprisingly they had it on tap at the local hotel there. Was surprisingly dark (I remember it being amber in colour?) and looked to have had a chocolate malt injection and had more of a 'tropical' flavour than previous tastes. Was dark, and passionfruity and quite different. Must be the hop changeover. Still a nice drop but thought the earlier version was my favourite.

Hopper.

Adam Howard

Reaction score
Outstanding beer. Stupendously well balanced and dry enough to drink a lot of. It's certainly more ESB than APA. The malt character is wayyy more to ESB.

Snowdog

Imported Seattle Drunk
Reaction score
Sounds like a good brew.
I however will not be buying any more Hargreaves Hill Pale any time soon. Saw it at Dan's and got a six for $20.00. Over-carbonated undrinkable bottle bombs every one, if not on opening, then after the one nasty drink taken. Oh well, get burned every now and then. I'm sure it's a good beer fresh from the source, but I'm kind of put off the brand now. :=(

Golani51

Reaction score
Have enjoyed this beer on tap at the Royston. Agree with comments that it is as 'un-english' in flavour as you can get - more an APA than anything else.

Tried it at Easter just outside of Daylesford at a little town called Lyonville where surprisingly they had it on tap at the local hotel there. Was surprisingly dark (I remember it being amber in colour?) and looked to have had a chocolate malt injection and had more of a 'tropical' flavour than previous tastes. Was dark, and passionfruity and quite different. Must be the hop changeover. Still a nice drop but thought the earlier version was my favourite.

Hopper.
I agree. It used to be my staple beer but over the years it has changed in coulour, strength of hop taste and aomewhat the aroma. Still enjoy but not as much.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Stopped in at the brewery today as part of an arduous road trip between Melbourne and Beechworth. ESB is as good as ever but the seasonal Phoenix Red ale really impressed. 9.8% but lots of lovely hops and doesn't Taste it... Onion rings are awesome too

micblair

Reaction score
Had this at the local tap house, knocked my socks off with awesomeness. Viva Victoria!

fletcher

bibo ergo sum
Reaction score
just tried this recently while on a short weekend away to melbourne. bloody good drop! more IPA to me but an amazing beer.

stakka82

Hoptimus Prime
Reaction score
It's great - my favourite Aussie beer, full stop.