Happy New Year From The Brewing Network!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerPal

Reaction score
Hey kids,
Who's your favorite internet radio homebrewing show? The Brewing Network Show! :p It's a new year and The Brewing Network has made a resolution to become even better for 2006! Look for a redesigned web site, new shows, more great guests and lots and lots more hilarity and brewing information from the Brewcasters!

This week on The Brewing Network Show we will feature The Beach Chalet, a great San Francisco brewpub that sits right on Ocean Beach on the edge of Golden Gate Park. Listen as their brewmaster comes into the studio to discuss his beers, brewing techniques and what make them different from the competition. Our commercial tasting this week will Be Foster's Lager, in honor of all our Aussie mates who listen to the show. So grab an oil can and sample and critique Foster's along with the Brewcasters.

Friend of the show, "Krotchrott" has created the "Brewcam Project", a live video of an all grain brewing session. He says, "For you extract brewers who have been thinking about making the switch to all grain, your day has come. The BrewCam Project began with a simple question: "Who wants to watch me brew through a webcam and have a chatroom for questions and answers?"

"Well, the response was great, so I decided to start looking into it. Well, after a lot of thought and input from others, it was decided that a lot of the all grain process is like watching paint dry, (really nothing happening) and it would be better if the latent periods could be cut out. Thus, I started looking at doing a recorded broadcast."

"Well, after many delays beyond my control, the BrewCam Project is finally complete and will go live next Sunday, January 8th, at 7pm EST. There will be a live chatroom for Q&A and Chris from morebeer.com will be there delivering prizes to some lucky participants! You can get a little sneak peek at the setup at www.krotchrott.com Look under The BrewCam Project link."

We hope you'll join us for our first Brewcast of the year this Sunday at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Plus, The Blues and Brews Show starts at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time, so if you're brewing, or just relaxing this Sunday morning, tune in to The Brewing Network for great tunes to brew by. As always, The Brewing Network Show is live, commercial-free, funny and informative.

Don't live in the U.S. and want to know when the show airs live in your time zone? Go here for a great time zone converter:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/timezone.htm

To listen to the show go to:

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com

and click on the "Listen" button. Drop into the chatroom during the show for real-time interaction with dozens of other homebrewers and to ask questions of the Brewcasters. If you can't catch the show live, click on the "Archives" button to download mp3 files of all past shows. Rather listen to a podcast of past shows? There is an iTunes link button on The Brewing Network home page.

If you have any pre-questions to ask of the Brewcasters or guest, send them to [email protected] or post them under the "Beer Radio" topic in The Brewing Network Forum.

http://thebrewingnetwork.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=14

beachchalet.jpg

http://www.beachchalet.com/

Foster's Lager, in honor of all our Aussie mates who listen to the show. So grab an oil can and sample and critique Foster's along with the Brewcasters.

Isn't the power of advertising great! Fosters is not a popular beer in Australia and is not distributed nor consumed in any great quantity, except in the UK and other places sold on the "Australian Beer".

If you want to try the bud and millers of Australia grab a bottle of (who drinks from a can, really?).
Full strength beers
-XXXX (yes that's the name, I will restrain from jokes about spelling)
-VB (it at least stands for something Victoria Bitter)
-Tooheys

Mid Strength beers (we call them light)
Carlton Mid
XXX Gold

Oh I should not forget what I beleive fosters is sold to Australians as Crown Larger

your quite right there BB, but youve misse dthe point of what the tasting is about.....each week they pick a commercially available beer and have a group tasting to educate the listeners on what they are tasting, sort of training the palate......the Fosters started as a small joke in the forum and went from there.........

true ozbrewer, but I still think XXXX or VB could do with a lacing

BTW, we Seppos know that Foster's is shite, but Aussie beers are very hard to find here, even in the Bay Area. Also, at The Brewing Network Show they feel it is important to analyze good as well as bad, beers.

You could get your Australian contacts to send you some examples of "better" beers couldn't you? Some of our micro's are excellent.

The point is the listeners find the same beer and taste it at the same time as they do on the show.
No point in doing a taste on a beer that no-one can locate.

Beers,
Doc

Fair enough then... I thought they could try them like when tasting listener's homebrews. At least they'd know what good Australian beer is.

Back