Happy Hr Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigo

Reaction score
Me and a few mates are going to sydney next saturday for a bucks party just wondering if anyone knows a good pub to go to in the city that does happy hr just to get things started.

Harts have one I think, great beer and close to the bucks night sort of pubs (bad beer :D )

*just saw its a Saturday, not so sure about the weekend...

Me and a few mates are going to sydney next saturday for a bucks party just wondering if anyone knows a good pub to go to in the city that does happy hr just to get things started.

Where in Sydney?

Not many Happy Hours on Sat in Sydney (city I'm assuming). The Macquarie hotel has good (on site brewed) beers and they are pretty reasonably priced compared to equivalent locations. Not too far to KingsX from there either for the rest of the evening's entertainment.

If you give us more details (how pricey you are prepared for, location) then we can probably give you better advice (for a pub!).

EDIT: Darling Harbour/Rocks, I'd say the Pumphouse, Belgian Beer Cafe, and Harts. Give Redoak a miss, they are way overpriced even by Sydney standards.

Big groups of guys walking together through the Rocks = Bouncers talking on headsets saying "bucks party coming".
"Sorry guys, not tonight" :rolleyes:

Good thing all the good beers are in the backstreets.
Have a look at the AHB pubcrawl thread for the good ones....
Harts, Lord Nelson, Bavarian, Belgian, The Australian, King St Brewpub, Redoak, etc.

The Glenmore/Glenrose? across from The Australian has crap beer but a great rooftop beergarden.

Not many Happy Hours on Sat in Sydney (city I'm assuming). The Macquarie hotel has good (on site brewed) beers and they are pretty reasonably priced compared to equivalent locations. Not too far to KingsX from there either for the rest of the evening's entertainment.

If you give us more details (how pricey you are prepared for, location) then we can probably give you better advice (for a pub!).

EDIT: Darling Harbour/Rocks, I'd say the Pumphouse, Belgian Beer Cafe, and Harts. Give Redoak a miss, they are way overpriced even by Sydney standards.

well i pay around 5 bucks a schooner here for coopers pale ale and about 5 70 for a schooner at the brewery so somewhere around that price would be good.

No happyhour @Harts on a Sat, do not know any pubs around there that do on a sat to be honest ...

lol pete..............I wonder what their take would be on the crawl..........Given it sometimes gets to 30+.

Big groups of guys walking together through the Rocks = Bouncers talking on headsets saying "bucks party coming".
"Sorry guys, not tonight" :rolleyes:

Good thing all the good beers are in the backstreets.
Have a look at the AHB pubcrawl thread for the good ones....
Harts, Lord Nelson, Bavarian, Belgian, The Australian, King St Brewpub, Redoak, etc.

The Glenmore/Glenrose? across from The Australian has crap beer but a great rooftop beergarden.

thanks for the info we will be sure to go to a few of those pubs. Whats the average price for a schooner of beer in the city, or rocks? Everybody keeps telling me were mad to go into the city and rocks because its so expensive.

thanks for the info we will be sure to go to a few of those pubs. Whats the average price for a schooner of beer in the city, or rocks? Everybody keeps telling me were mad to go into the city and rocks because its so expensive.

A schooner of coopers tends to go for around $6 in most places. The Macquarie hotel already mentioned has $4.80ish schooners of the beer they brew - at least it was last time I was there just before xmas.

and thats if you get schooners... alot of places sell "Schmiddy's" these days... bloody disgrace!

lol pete..............I wonder what their take would be on the crawl..........Given it sometimes gets to 30+.
We had a good dozen or so in my BIL's bucks party. No shit, bouncers radioing ahead and you knew what they were thinking.
We got to the Mercantile (pretty sure that's the one at the end of the rocks?), and the bouncer let us in with "any trouble and you're out" policy.
I just got my pint, took a sip, he comes up and says "that's it guys, last drinks, your mate's pissed", pointing to one of our group sitting there nursing his bourbon with a "garn git farked or I'll glass ya carnt" look on his face. (funny cos that's his normal face, he really is a sour prick).

I think we ended up at the Australian okay, which suited my tastebuds!!! :lol:

A schooner of coopers tends to go for around $6 in most places. The Macquarie hotel already mentioned has $4.80ish schooners of the beer they brew - at least it was last time I was there just before xmas.
Yep, Macquarie = under $5 for craft beer. Beer of the week is $3.80.
Darling Harbour/Rocks = how much is in your wallet? Honestly Harts have awesome beers but $10 a pint really sucks.

$7-9 a schooner depending where you are, spirits usually start at about 8.30.

My advise, if you have a group call a few venues tonight/tomorrow and let them know ...some do appreciate it.

Funny, managed to do a pub-crawl around sydney dressed up as super heroes the other day. Not a single bouncer gave us any problems ;)

Women in super hero costumes might've helped ;)

LOL, you got booted straight of the Merc?! It's an Irish style pub full of backpackers!

We had a good dozen or so in my BIL's bucks party. No shit, bouncers radioing ahead and you knew what they were thinking.
We got to the Mercantile (pretty sure that's the one at the end of the rocks?), and the bouncer let us in with "any trouble and you're out" policy.
I just got my pint, took a sip, he comes up and says "that's it guys, last drinks, your mate's pissed", pointing to one of our group sitting there nursing his bourbon with a "garn git farked or I'll glass ya carnt" look on his face. (funny cos that's his normal face, he really is a sour prick).

I think we ended up at the Australian okay, which suited my tastebuds!!! :lol:

Yep, Macquarie = under $5 for craft beer. Beer of the week is $3.80.
Darling Harbour/Rocks = how much is in your wallet? Honestly Harts have awesome beers but $10 a pint really sucks.

Thanks for all your replies i found a pub close to central called bar century i think we will start there and work our way up to the harbour and the rocks all there beers on tap and house spirits are only 3 dollars a schooner all day.

Back