Happy Easter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy non denominational, spoil kids with chocolate and hunts, drink a bit, long weekend, boring arse tv but not as bad as xmas, holiday.

citymorgue2 said:
Happy non denominational, spoil kids with chocolate and hunts, drink a bit, long weekend, boring arse tv but not as bad as xmas, holiday.
kids are too old for choccie hunts (peaceful),drink a bit, check. no boring tv am watching season 3 of son's of anarchy.
surprised that Easter has not yet been threatened for being offensive to non christians. ..cheers.spog..

Mob descended from Sydney etc - 13 people at a get together and not one of them smoking - isn't that great, would have been unheard of 20 years ago.

Also had a surprise. Couple of the youngsters have taken up the distillation of water and herbal essences. I've never ever tried the products of such activities but these guys brought a selection - the Bourbon distilledwaterherbalessence was super smooth and could have been aged in oak for five years. There was a Midori style distilledwaterherbalessence and a Banana Liqueur distilledwaterherbalessence which were both very smooth, flavourful and no trace of nasties whatsoever. It's a reflux distilledwaterherbalessence device and they were showing me the filtering and flavouring options available nowadays. Different world.

They were eyeing off my urn :unsure:

I'm not generally a drinker of other than beer or cider but must admit I haven't been drinking much beer this weekend.

Holiday cheers to all.

On another note, one thing that has always had me shaking my head is the Easter offerings on TV. Because it's nominally a religious holiday they usually bung on costume dramas with heaps of bearded guys in togas and sandals. Never mind if the movies are set in the time of Christ or not, as long as there are beards, togas, preferably galleys being rowed by slaves. Old shit gotta be religious, right?

Jason and the Argonauts? No problems. The Ten Commandments? Great - lots of beards and even goats as a bonus. I'm surprised that they aren't bunging on Cleopatra. But hang on what's this I see - 7 two is actually playing The Greatest Story Ever Told - amazing. Hope for us all yet. John Wayne:" Ah truly believe this man was the sern a gard" :lol:

chocolate_text_him.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Choc eggs for breakfast, choc eggs for lunch, choc stout for the arvo.......gotta love easter.

Don't forget today was Jesus' Brew Day.

Merry Easter all.

Back