Hansa Pils..anyone Know What Hops They Use?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz, I googled and I babeled and I altavista'd. There is nothing straight from the horse's mouth in English or (as far as my limited Deutsch took me) in German. People are guessing noble hop flavours and Saaz for aroma... I think from tasting the beer that Perle, Tettnang and Hallertau in that order, but like you, I'd be guessing.

Cheers PM
My guess would be Tettnang and Sazz , it's not a heavy hopped beer at all , that's why I am having trouble picking it

Cheers Batz

from memory the tasting was very similar to becks so maybe saaz and Hallertau but I could be wrong.. Just a stab in the dark.

(Becks being all Hallertau right?)

Hansa is not a pils, It's a Dortmunder, ja?

A have a Dort recipe from BYO, and they say that it does best with "Tettnanger for bitterness, Hallertauer for flavour and Saaz for aroma. Spalter or Perle also work well for bittering , flavour or aroma."

SO why would you replicate a beer that is very tired from its long journey, and go the best; your own Dortmunder.
Will prob go one myself, after I make a Steam beer, Wit, honey ale (Yank style), more weizen, Czech pils, a pale, Fullers London Pride clone (by request, for a birthday gift for a friend (of a workmate) who luvs it. Hope it's close. If not, I'll be happy to consume the excess.

I best fish the Oktoberfest from the back of the fridge. Tasted good last time - 2 wks ago. Should be better now....ah, tomorrow

...oh yeah, and the coke porter w Coopers Dark ale.

Hope there's something here that's useful.

Seth

Cheers Weizguy
That rings true , my son drinks this beer and saves me the bottles , I thought that i would try to make him a similar brew.
Besides that , I don't think it's too foul either , got the link to that thread?

Batz

Interested in giving it a try , perhaps I'll look up Dortmunder , can't say I have ever heard of it before.

Batz

Sorry Batz, it wasn't a thread. It was an article in the magazine, and I couldn't find it online.

If you tell me which bits U would like, and I may be able to replicate it. There was a story (facts and history) and some recipes (ag, pm and extract).

I'm keen to assist.

BTW, steam beer? Last time I made it, it was quite hoppy and Summer-drinkable. I only made an extract version anyway, so no disappointment there.

Seth

Very interested in an AG recipe if you can find one , cheers

Batz

Heading OT a bit, but I drank Ashers Christmas steam beer and its bloody nice, a much better balanced and crafted beer than any kit I ever made. Oh... of course you wouldnt have tried it cos yours is sitting in a box in my shed Batz. Hmmmm..I wonder if I could drink both of Ashers beers, refill the bottles with some old kit beer hanging around the cupboard, and get away with it?

Now , now GL , hands off Batz Xmas case , I take it Eric has not arrived to collect anything yet?

Batz

No eric yet. The longer he takes, and the more of my case beers I drink, the more attractive your case looks.

Latest posts

Back