Handy pail lids

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm

Reaction score
My handy pails (standard Bunnings-type 20 litre jobs) are very good for storing grain, except that now the lids are perishing and breaking up. The pails themselves are perfect, but Bunnings only seem to sell lids with pails.

Where can one buy just the lids? Many thanks in advance.

I think Grain & grape sell them.

Where are you located? I might have one or two I dont need

Updated location - Sydney (Epping). Is that anywhere near you clueless?

Not sure if this helps but I was at reverse garbage in Marrickville at the weekend and they had about 50 lids without buckets. Thought to myself, "who would want a lid without a bucket?". Now I have the answer!

Not sure if they're food safe but they looked brand new.

Anyway just thought I'd mention it.

Mattwa - glad to help you out! Thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye out.

Probably not that helpful, but my local bunnings do sell them. 80c each.

my lids only need replacing after i crack the shits with them and break them on purpose because they are a pain to get off without removing half of your fingernails.
I'm very precious.

Yeah, a bit of a trip to Tassie, but maybe I need to have a look in a couple of different Bunnings around here.

Epping isnt the other side of the world from me, (I'm in Campbelltown), but I just had a look for them, and couldnt find them, means I either threw them out, or put them in a "safe" place.

If I find them I'll let you know

Fairly close to the other side of the world, clueless! Thanks for having a look.

Anyways, I was in Chatswood Bunnings last night, and asked the guy if they sold just the lids. He said "nah, but there's a pile of lids there, so just take whatever you need". Sorted!

Latest posts

Back