Handy Imports Urns?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My good pot sad story...

Robinox 98L stainless, developed a blister on the base first use.

Retailer (in a different state) organized for robinox to courier me a replacement. Then robinox organized another courier to come back the next week to pick up the faulty pot in the replacements box.

All at their cost.

Well it had a happy ending ;)... And that's the difference with a professional product

My good pot sad story...

Robinox 98L stainless, developed a blister on the base first use.

Retailer (in a different state) organized for robinox to courier me a replacement. Then robinox organized another courier to come back the next week to pick up the faulty pot in the replacements box.

All at their cost.

Well it had a happy ending ;)... And that's the difference with a professional product

Did you have a ball valve hole drilled? Just curious if they stuck by the warranty even after the pot had been modified?
Thanks Jameson

Did you have a ball valve hole drilled? Just curious if they stuck by the warranty even after the pot had been modified?
Thanks Jameson

No I didn't... and that is an interesting question though isn't it ;)

A good reason to hard boil some water for a while before actually drilling your pot. Or to do a test batch.

Thanks Stux. I have bee searching for a large pot for quite some time. Was looking at ss tanks, vats, fabricators and all catering supplies I could find on the net. I was looking for one around 140l but since seeing qldkevs set up I have settled on a 98l for triple batchs with my keggie for experimental batchs or big beers. Robinox looks to be the trusted brand but seeing you did have a problem with yours I think I will go with one of the sponsors robinox that has been modified and should still carry warranty.

I was thinking about buying one of those handy imports 35 litre urns on ebay and Big Nath mentioned in another thread that some brewers have purchased them and been happy with them.

My only contact with Handy Imports was a purchase of a $1200 stainless steel fridge. The price was really good, the quality was acceptable given the very low price but the service was abismal. Problems with adding the freight to the invoice and them recognising my payment took 3 weeks.

I doubt that my fridge complies with Australian electrical standards but I verified that it had qood quality European compressor and control gear before buying.

I would think that the urns would be suitable for the intended use of heating small amounts of water for cups of tea, for short periods only. But forget it for long prolonged boils.

Latest posts

Back