Hand Pumped Ales Anybody?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooohhhhhh....another pub crawl!!!

Pumpy, OH Pumpy!! more belgians straight out of the bottle?

Linz,

The last Pub crawl cost me a hundred bucks that was the return train fare two meals I reckon it was good value , I cant remember a bad beer on that trip although a Bok I had in Royal Oak did not hit the mark and a bit pricey , but I recon I had alread had about eight schooners by then , I cant quite remember the Australia but I remember the last pub. I really enjoyed myself , looking forward to
the Riverview .

Pumpy

I did a hundred as well all up. Hope this trip won't, shoudn't, but ....

:D :lol: :huh:

Just to keep things interesting, I will buy a pint for the first person who can correctly answer this question:
Name the Australian sportsman who's childhood home is still standing at 14 Ferdinand St Balmain.
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
Just to keep things interesting, I will buy a pint for the first person who can correctly answer this question:
Name the Australian sportsman who's childhood home is still standing at 14 Ferdinand St Balmain.
Cheers
Gerard
[post="73165"][/post]​

Unfortunately google takes the fun out of a lot of these types of questions, so I wont answer cos that would be cheating, and besides I cant afford the cab fare to the meetup from here.

Pumpy said:
Dally Messenger .

Pumpy .
[post="73303"][/post]​

Sorry incorrect. It really is a very historic area of Sydney. Birchgrove Road, which is the street the Riverview is on, leads to Birchgrove Oval, the ground where the inaugural competition game of Rugby League was played in Australia in 1908. In the 1930's a grade cricket match on the same ground, between Balmain & St.George, drew crowds in excess of 10,000 people each day. Balmain had Arthur Mailey playing for them and St.George of course had a guy named Bradman.
In 1978 I debuted at fullback for Holy Cross on the same ground. Can't recall the attendence, or the score, but it was a great day! Anyway it is one of the only suburban football grounds with a heritage order on it, and a great view of the harbour.
The guy I spoke to at the Riverview was more than happy to see a few extra faces turn up on a Saturday arvo. They have the ESB on the pump. No TAB, & he reckons Saturdays are pretty quiet.
Cheers
Gerard

:) Very keen to try some Braidwood beer. I drove to Braidwood during my holidays to look for the Brewery. It was a sunday and the place was shut. To my amazement I couldn't ever get myself a bottle of said beer in Braidwood and missed my oportunity to buy some in Canberra....but hand pumped ales at the Wig and pen made up for it. :beer:
Tried some five islands brews and found the Wit a little to funky ;) , the pilsner smelled like it was made from honey. The IPA and Porter were good though.

Was having dinner in Balmain last night so dropped into the Riverview for a Schooner.
There is a Braidwood ESB on tap, its no Fullers but still very tasty, the other beers are JS Pilsner, a couple of St Arnou s and the usual suspects (old , new, guiness etc)

I had lunch Sat arvo at The 3 Weeds in Rozelle. They have some good stuff on tap, The Golden Ale from Squires was my fav of the afternoon. The Had StArnau Pils, but I have a keggy of Paddy's Pils here in the fridge that was in much better shape. Food was awesome and the pub is really nice after the refurb.They had a Pommie beer and I can't remember which one, may have been Fuller, but serving it through a glycol chilled font would have killed the fun.
See ya a couple of weeks
Cheers
Gerard

What date are we talking about?

Riverview isn't far from where I live so would love to get there????

Wassa asks ....
Wassa said:
What date are we talking about?

Riverview isn't far from where I live so would love to get there????
[post="75390"][/post]​

Gerard replied earlier ...
Gerard_M said:
OK how about we set a date & time to meet up at The Riverview? I am thinking Sept 17th, a Saturday arvo around 2 ish. How does that sound? Any takers?
Cheers
Gerard
[post="72483"][/post]​

And we have all agreed and have that as the day.

Beers,
Doc

Was really looking forward to getting to this one and meeting a few of you guys and sucking on a few hand pulled ales.

The Dep't of war has, however, decided that seeing as how it is her birthday on the 18th and our wedding anniversary on the 19th, that we are going away for the weeknd.

Bright side is that it's to our caravan and I can start taking my 90 bottles of Xmas cheer up there and try several new brews that the father in law has brewed and wants me to taste.

Have fun guys.

OK under a week to go. Quick show of hands, who's in for The Riverview?

Yes ,I am coming see ya at the station Linz

Pumpy

I'll try to get there, but i have this strange feeling that i have a commitment elsewhere. I guess if no one reminds this week, then the riverview it is :)

It has been on the calendar for weeks.
I've dropped two subtle reminders.
So all lookiing good for me too :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back