Hamburgers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
mmmmmmmm........burgers

One of my favourites. Especially home made ones where you can make them as you like.

Whilst I do love beetroot I feel it has no place in a burger.

Here is a piccy of what we had for tea tonight.

Forgot the onion :( , I dont mind raw or grilled in a burger.

Post your pics and favourite recipes.

cheers
johnno

burger.JPG

Hooly dooly, thats a Burger!! How do you get your laughing gear around that suka Johnno :p !
I gotta agree with the beetroot, but i do love pineapple on mine, mmmmm.
:chug:

I love burgers.

Egg, Bacon, Meat, Lettuce, Grilled Onion, Beetroot, Pineapple. It all makes a great burger.

I love beetroot in burgers, probally the best invention ever!

What is the lettuce doing on the top johnno :eek: should be on the bottom ;)

Here's what I call a burger:

burger.jpg

holy crap :blink:

My wife makes a corker of a burger....similar to yours Johhno...I do like tobasco sauce or jalipinos on mine

mmmmmmmm........burgers

One of my favourites. Especially home made ones where you can make them as you like.

Whilst I do love beetroot I feel it has no place in a burger.

Here is a piccy of what we had for tea tonight.

Forgot the onion :( , I dont mind raw or grilled in a burger.

Post your pics and favourite recipes.

cheers
johnno

What have you done johnno, you have burnt the bun and the burger :p

Rook

What have you done johnno, you have burnt the bun and the burger :p

Rook

his missues was prolly in charge of toasting the buns - mine always burns them too :p

Nice Johnno. You know the old saying...

Big buns need big meat. B)

Warren -

Yes the outside of the burgers were a bit burnt and some of the buns were overdone as well, due to the light not being the best were I was cooking. :rolleyes:

TDA the lettuce is on top because I forgot all about it till the end.

Once it is loaded like that I do the big squash down so it can fit into my mouth.

cheers
johnno

burgers are ace. I make everything from scratch (incl bread if I have time). I use my old man's receipe (he's an ex-chef). I'll post the recipe for the meat patties when i get home. Gotta have the lot:. burger bun bottom, lettuce, tomato, sauce, pattie, cheese, bacon, egg, extra salt and pepper, burger bun top.

great as part of a hangover cure. especially with some freshly homemade fried chips. god im hungry now.

Funny you should mention that TDA, my wife and I have a running dispute whenever we make burgers. I think a burger should be built from bottom to top, lettuce, tomato, beef, onion, bacon, egg, cheese. She does the exact opposite with all the salad stuff on top, and boy do I hate it :lol: . You build your own burgers in our house now.

Cheers
Andrew

Funny you should mention that TDA, my wife and I have a running dispute whenever we make burgers. I think a burger should be built from bottom to top, lettuce, tomato, beef, onion, bacon, egg, cheese. She does the exact opposite with all the salad stuff on top, and boy do I hate it :lol: . You build your own burgers in our house now.

Cheers
Andrew

Hey Andrew, does it really matter how its built, as long as it finishes up inside my guts thats all i want

Rook

mmmm youve inspired me to make burgers on friday night.

Its been a while since i made them.

when i make a meat patty, i process some trimmed up chuck staek of gravy beef..... of both as its only $8/KG as aposed to $13 for premium mince and i know there are no bums, testicles or ears in it.

1kg of meat with 2 slices of bread processed to crumbs, 2 teaspoons dried oregano or marajoram or one of each, 1/2 teaspoon of both crushed fennel and cumin seeds and 1 egg yolk
in another pan gently cook 1 finly chopped onion with 1 chopped clove of garlic and a teaspoon of good dijon mustard till soft. let it cool and chuck it in with the mince. salt and pepper to taste and mix it all well, make you patties and grill em on the BBQ.

I like my butger with letuice, tomato, cheese, cooked onion, beetroot :), bacon and a runny egg.

And BBQ sause, not tomato :)

all the spice and herb in the patties really add to the ecperience. Its like the difference between a coopers pale ale and a Little Creatures Pale Ale. Its just got thay extra zip to it :)

cheers

1kg of meat with 2 slices of bread processed to crumbs, 2 teaspoons dried oregano or marajoram or one of each, 1/2 teaspoon of both crushed fennel and cumin seeds and 1 egg yolk
in another pan gently cook 1 finly chopped onion with 1 chopped clove of garlic and a teaspoon of good dijon mustard till soft. let it cool and chuck it in with the mince. salt and pepper to taste and mix it all well, make you patties and grill em on the BBQ.

cheers

I like the sound of the fennel and cumin, this would give a nice spiciness that is lacking in my wife's patties...BTW do you dry fry your whole spices prior to grinding them? I find it releases heaps more aroma and flavour :) .

That's it, burghers and an APA or two on Fridey.

Rukh's Gourmet Fridge Burgers includes... well... anything in the fridge.

For the pattie, the major ingredients are mince, diced feta, black olives and a hint of smoked paprika. Other useful ingredients in the pattie can include onion, garlic and egg.

Building the rest of the burger requires BBQ sauce, tomato, betroot, onion and lettuce (IMHO). Cheese and seeded mustard (Beerenburg brand of course) are also welcome.

My wife is coeliac so she uses a lettuce leaf to enclose the ingredients. I prefer to use a sesame seeded bun as the vehicle to deliver the burgery goodness to my gut.

I love a good burger! Made some for the kids the other night: mince, finely chopped onion, couple cloves finely chopped garlic, an egg, mixed dried herbs, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce salt and pepper - combine it all let it sit for a little while and then fry them up. Build it anyway you like but must have lettuce, tomato, onion - spanish if raw, fried egg, pickle, beetroot, bacon and sauce and chillie sauce on the bun.

Had a burger party at my house once with the above burger and an Emu burger with mediteranian toppings ie marinated capsican, goats cheese etc and also a Tandori Goat burger.

Burgers gotta love them especially with a home brew :beer:

edit: had to wipe the sauce off the screen

Hey Andrew, does it really matter how its built, as long as it finishes up inside my guts thats all i want

Rook

Lettuce has to be at the bottom. It acts as insulation and liquid barrier to prevent the bottom of the bun from sogging up and collapsing.

Back