Hallertau Lager - Taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
Guys i have found a "group" of bottle's , i thought WOOOOOOOOO wonder what this is. (no lable :) )

I chilled one and opened it and the aroma i thought oooh this smells ok (hop aroma)

Its different and its bloddy nice!!!!
clear, smooth flavoursome and well one of my best brews!

Tastes bute! but i dont know where this keg is :) has it gone? or maybe i will have a supprise when i start to look

EDIT!!!!!!!!!! found out what it is:

OHH MY GOD!
I have found out what this brew is!

Attention GMK - KEN, this brew is fuggles.

I brewed a beer and for some reason i used fuggles in a lager, (new to hops then) anyway i hated it and drank it ASAP to get rid of it, the bottles i kicked aside hoping i would never drink it again.

WELL, its great now after 6 months
Tooheys lager, 4 cups of glucose, 2 cups of corn syrip powder, 2 cups of DME light, kit yeast 12.5 g fuggles in boil, and dry, 20L

I have never bought fuggles hops since but this has turnes out very nice with age. The hop flavour is very strong though, although mellow and smooth

Well, since hallertau is used in ales sometimes, no prob using fuggles in a lager. Its your beer, hey?

But lots of hop flavor, just from 12.5g fuggles boiled for ? minutes? 6 months ago? That would have faded by now, surely?

Puzzling

Jovial Monk

And dry hop, Is fuggles a stonge flavoured hop? or is it perceved easily?

Maybe its i hated it so much i can detect fuggles a mile away and hence it tastes strong to me ;)

Ben said:
Maybe its i hated it so much i can detect fuggles a mile away and hence it tastes strong to me ;)
BEN

YEP.....

.................Dont want to go there AGAIN!

:lol:

Ken if it wasn't such a trip to SA i'd let you sample one, its "not" as bad as you would think....

That said :) never again !!!

Ben said:
Ken if it wasn't such a trip to SA i'd let you sample one, its "not" as bad as you would think....

That said :) never again !!!
Ben

I think that something has "Fuggled your Brain" and or taste buds...

:lol:

Latest posts

Back