Hahah!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkitewhitey

Reaction score
Sorry, this is just something that amused me and pleased my wife...

sooo.. Just did a quick count and calculation.... so far I have built up a stockpile of homebrews for summer and have approx 220 Longnecks of varying flavours at varying stages of conditioning. This equates to approximately 22 cartons of regular-sized beers. This would ordinarily cost between $850-1000, depending on if you buy something other than Tooheys Extra Dry.... Total cost of ingredients for this amount is around $150.00! SEE! I told you I'm an economist!

I F#@*ing LOVE this obsession!!

Going to crack another RIGHT NOW!!

:chug:

I had a disaster today - last night I cleaned out the kegerator and did a full clean and maintenance job on the font and taps, put 3 new kegs on that had been sitting at ambient. Went for a pint or three at beer o'clock this afternoon.

I'd failed to turn the kegerator back on . :eek:
No reserve bottles in the fridge either. Happily I live just at the back of the Bribie Island Hotel complex with a large Liquorland just three minutes away.

Coopers Sparkling Tallies 3 for $16 so I grabbed 3.

Three tallies. I can crank out two and a half cartons for $16 <_<

I know the feeling,

currently have 28 cartons aging and 2 fermenters on the go,

looking forward to Ocktoberfest. :party:

Man these numbers make me look like the rank amateur I am.
I've got 6 milk crates full of 750ml PET bottles plus 2 fermenters going, plus 2 batches cold crashing and a my first ever BIAB cooling.

Guys ... awesome figures ... I am a bit sad with only 24 litres of Little creatures Pale ale clone sitting in the fermentor waiting to be kegged (see tomorrow am first up) .... and 26lt of Amber ale bubbling away nicely .. its a bit sad that I also have 21 litres of Aussie Pale ale in the second fermentor ... but I am not liking how the yeast is going ... smells good ... but WILL NOT open the lid ( its glad wrapped) just in case ...

I am hoping to be able to drop a tripel down this week end ... thinking a sly 60 litres might just sort out the last 3 fermentors for a week or so ... hoping that by early next week I will have 4 kegs sitting on gas (including the left overs keg ... mmmmmmm) and will drop a double batch of D445 - Viet lager into the free 3 fermentors ...

I really need to start bottling some of these as they never last long enough to age in Kegs ...

I've got most of 3 batches left we've been working on. My IPA,Whiskely ale,& an English bitter. All based on cooper's cans with my own recipes. It'll be EB's this evening after some more quick yard work. Then steak & taters with an au jue made with some EB & other things. EB's are great for cooking too!

I know the feeling,

currently have 28 cartons aging and 2 fermenters on the go,

looking forward to Ocktoberfest. :party:
That's pretty awesome.
I've got about 8 crates, with a 1/2 fermenter waiting to bottle, and grain cracked for an APA.
Once I get some time, I'll have to punch out a few more brewdays before the summer temps hit.

Nice to here everyones stocking up. I've got 120 longnecks in the garage and just pitched yeast for two batches of Aussie Lager last night.

Just found out my little brothers are visiting in late September (ages 16, 15 and 12). Oh dear, how am I gonna keep them from raiding big brothers homebrew? Maybe I could feed them my big Oktoberfest. Yeah, that'll sort 'em out. :p

by my count I have roughly 224 in various states of carbonation down in the garage ranging from done to just bottled

6 crates of washed empties ready to be filled (and 6 or 7 yet to be washed)

Im running 2 fridges with a single FV in each, running a week apart, have 6 brews planned to get me to 300ish

by then I should have the rest of the equipment I need to go AG and enough of a stockpile so that when I stuff up the AG I can drown my sorrows in some tasty Galaxy/Amarillo Pale Ales

cant wait to fill the pool :icon_drunk:

Yob

Man! I get so jealous reading posts like this! I don't have the space to stockpile so at most I can have about 80 stubbies at any one time. :(

I remember the days when I had a shed, I used to have 200+ long necks of the regular beers in rotation. It was perfect, because I'd finish drinking a nicely aged batch just as I was bottling the next. Then on top of the regulars, there were the experimental batches! Oh to have the room to do that again.

Back