GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently he did get in touch either by email or phone but was told that the return of the Brewzilla was at his expense, we will be taking a look at the unit this weekend, i.e taking out the circuit board for some close scrutiny, I really don't want to have a brewing war with a crippled Brewzilla.

That seems strange. The only reason the customer would be charged for return postage is if the unit was not deemed to be a manufacturing fault or of they picked the item up from us. If you pick up the item from our premises then you need to return it to us for warranty. If you order online and get it shipped then the return shipping is covered under warranty.

I know this is the Guten thread, but have you looked at the Digiboil? Quite cheap and sounds like what you are after.
Yep that’s exactly what I have ordered! The Grainfather gear will fit, I have a 25 watt pump etc. I have also order a 2200 watt heater element and I will fit that to the Grainfather so I will have a boiler as well.
Cheers

I did put a post up from another (unmentionable) forum about one of your fridges some time ago, you didn't want to pay the return more or less told him it was his problem and it was only 6 months old. Come on Keg Land stand by your products.

We can't make this any clearer. It's our company policy to pay for any return postage and postage back to the customer for any product that is deemed to be faulty. So that is for all products that we sell we will always cover the return postage cost for a product that is faulty and we have shipped out to a customer. This has always been the case and will always be the case. So please give us a call with your order number.

We can't make this any clearer. It's our company policy to pay for any return postage and postage back to the customer for any product that is deemed to be faulty. So that is for all products that we sell we will always cover the return postage cost for a product that is faulty and we have shipped out to a customer. This has always been the case and will always be the case. So please give us a call with your order number.
As I said it is not my problem. Check out cerveja's post on the other forum March 14, is it your reputation that is being damaged.

Mine is from KL. Worked well first 6 months then same issues as above. Won't get to temp, takes ages and ages to get even near temp (upwards of a week) and has to be defrosted every 2-3 weeks ATM. This is after a tap failed (room covered in a keg of beer) that they insinuated was my fault (pigs arse) and a temp controller that keeps failing. PITA to deal with and won't ever accept their product is shite. Currently in a situation that if I want it fixed I have to pack it up (damage is my risk), send it back (they graciously pay for this), wait for them to 'test' it and when (given past efforts) they determine there is nothing wrong I have to pay to get it back. FFS. They won't use local repairers I guess because of the risk the locals will say "mate, this is a pile of shit". I'm going to put up with it as long as possible while I organise a keezer build. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE GUYS IT'S NOT WORTH IT. That includes lines etc etc. You WILL regret it. Rant over.
Oh, how I DO like to talk.

Kegland,
I am a customer of yours, but please if you want to defend your reputation or anything else, please do it in another thread. Other users: If you have complaints about a kegland product then please post it in another thread. This forum is being hijacked.

If someone calls a company (any company) out in this thread, they should be able to respond in this thread.
Why read two threads for the same conversation?

NOT RELEVANT THIS THREAD, go to KL thread, actually I agree with previous comments, pretty piss poor even commenting here. (customer of both stores btw)

Users are posting questions and complaints to them in this thread. Not really that piss poor to reply to them. Yeah, we don't want this thread getting derailed with this stuff, but maybe have a go at the people putting the complaints and replies to them in this thread too, or just chill out

Last edited:
Anyone got a good pump inlet filter solution? Does the KK one work well enough? Would like to be able to use the whirlpool arm with hop pellets, without resorting to the hop spider.

You could do what I did (post 1477) got an extra pump and whirlpool through the tap outlet or just use the outlet inside the Guten and whirlpool while cooling but use a paddle for the final whirlpool before transfer so the trub ends up in the centre away from the tap.
You shouldn't get a blockage from hop pellet matter or are you using whole hops?

You could do what I did (post 1477) got an extra pump and whirlpool through the tap outlet or just use the outlet inside the Guten and whirlpool while cooling but use a paddle for the final whirlpool before transfer so the trub ends up in the centre away from the tap.
You shouldn't get a blockage from hop pellet matter or are you using whole hops?

I haven't got a blockage yet, but I haven't tried the whirlpool either. Was just reading about a lot of people getting blockages or making filters, thought I'd be proactive and get something in place before i got a problem

I haven't got a blockage yet, but I haven't tried the whirlpool either. Was just reading about a lot of people getting blockages or making filters, thought I'd be proactive and get something in place before i got a problem
Keg King do sell a filter to go over the intake, problem is if you fit the filter, which you would have to prior to starting the mash any grain or husks which escape from the grain basket end up staying in the kettle, then you have to fish them out. Without the filter pieces of grain or husks recirculate through the system and then gets dumped back on the grain bed.

Users are posting questions and complaints to them in this thread. Not really that piss poor to reply to them. Yeah, we don't want this thread getting derailed with this stuff, but maybe have a go at the people putting the complaints and replies to them in this thread too, or just chill out

Fair point goat, but have recently heard (yesterday) that Keg King are not allowed to post anything on this site, nor even allowed to sponsor. Moderators, please confirm.

Keg Land however, can do what they please, even hijack this thread.
I'm not biased, I shop at both sites, I love the competition that the KL vs KK has produced, especially the lower prices.
But if this website is one sided, that's not fair.

It is true Keg King are not allowed to post as they have been refused sponsorship, when the old Keg King crew went over to Keg Land they managed to take the sponsorship with them.

The grainfather has a nice looking filter, have been wondering if i could retrofit that onto my Guten. 150g whirlpool hops is a killer trying to keep stuff from going into the fermenter.

Does anyone know what size elements are in the 40L and 50 L Guten. I know they are 2500w and 3000w but what size is each individual element?

Back