GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't even find them, you got a link at all?

Anyway for me they'd have to be darned cheap compared to the one's available locally.
Otherwise I'll have to stick to kegmenters.
There is one on display in Keg King, good and bad points, bad points are in hand, will be fitted, or able to be fitted with a tri clover sanitary dump valve.
CONICAL15G_DUMP.jpg

It has 4 toggle clamps on the top with a silicone gasket, will have to get hold of one for pressure ferment testing, thermowell, cooling ability also adjustable legs, price around the $250 mark .
003.JPG 004.JPG

So it went pretty well, undershot my target gravity but that was to be expected with a beer this big. I would recommend rice hulls to anyone having issues with the mash though. Took a risk and used the pump (without any sort of screen) to get the wort into the fermenter after chilling it down a bit in the Guten, no issues there.

One word of warning... don't get too zealous trying to clean the inside of the overflow pipe, there is a knife-sharp edge in there somewhere as my thumb discovered

So it went pretty well, undershot my target gravity but that was to be expected with a beer this big. I would recommend rice hulls to anyone having issues with the mash though. Took a risk and used the pump (without any sort of screen) to get the wort into the fermenter after chilling it down a bit in the Guten, no issues there.

One word of warning... don't get too zealous trying to clean the inside of the overflow pipe, there is a knife-sharp edge in there somewhere as my thumb discovered

Ive used the pump every time to pump wort into fermenter (also without screen) . No issues so far, 5 brews now.
Put the little mesh you got on top of the pipe, I sat w.e.a.l. do that, and i t works.

Also cut my finger.

There is one on display in Keg King, good and bad points, bad points are in hand, will be fitted, or able to be fitted with a tri clover sanitary dump valve.
CONICAL15G_DUMP.jpg

It has 4 toggle clamps on the top with a silicone gasket, will have to get hold of one for pressure ferment testing, thermowell, cooling ability also adjustable legs, price around the $250 mark .
View attachment 114504 View attachment 114505
Sounds interesting, I'll head down there with my tape measure when I get a chance to see if it will fit in my ferment fridge.

Hi team , for those who used a helix filter in guten how do you handle cleaning vessel? Just about to add it to my brew vessel and thought last minute how do I clean it once its screwed in .

The helix is very easy to clean, just soak it alongside everything else if that's your process otherwise pressure hose while pulling each end will rinse it easily. Personally I just put mine with the malt pipe and everything else from the robobrew 65 in the dishwasher with a tablespoon of PBW, no fuss

Had another brew day. Single infusion to simplify things, set power to 1000w for the mash and worked a treat, no scorching!!!
Did still end up with heaps of floaties in the boil so I genuinely have no idea. I replaced the bottom screen and there is still a bit of a gap so maybe its the malt pipe. Will have to sort it out for the next brew. Other than that worked a treat.
At the end of the brew day I did notice this on the side of the malt pipe. No idea what could have caused it, any ideas?
IMG_20190102_204029-min.jpeg

Had another brew day. Single infusion to simplify things, set power to 1000w for the mash and worked a treat, no scorching!!!
Did still end up with heaps of floaties in the boil so I genuinely have no idea. I replaced the bottom screen and there is still a bit of a gap so maybe its the malt pipe. Will have to sort it out for the next brew. Other than that worked a treat.
At the end of the brew day I did notice this on the side of the malt pipe. No idea what could have caused it, any ideas?View attachment 114637
How much of a gap do you have? I had a gap when I first opened mine and ended up returning it. All sorted not. Keg king sent back a new unit with no gap problems.

Yeh that was similar to my gap. They replaced the bottom screen, but there is still a slight gap, so must be the malt pipe? Ill get onto them after the 7th.
Never seen a wort stain like that. came off no worries, was just curious why it was only on a specific spot on the malt pipe.

Back