GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guten are now in stock at KK will be going down to get my 50 litre, and they are the latest model, not so bothered about the 9 steps, and hop timer, recipe memory will be useful. Looking forward to actually doing a full volume mash, usually have to sparge with the last 3 or 4 litres. Ripper.

The Guten are now in stock at KK will be going down to get my 50 litre, and they are the latest model, not so bothered about the 9 steps, and hop timer, recipe memory will be useful. Looking forward to actually doing a full volume mash, usually have to sparge with the last 3 or 4 litres. Ripper.
Looking forward to hear how people go with them. I know they have a great following in Europe.

I looked at the Keg King website. Nothing is being advertised yet. Has anyone seen a link re: pricing?

I spoke to keg king today. They told me the 30l model actually holds 40l. Can anybody verify this?

It might hold 40L of water with nothing else but when you put your grain in it then 30L is about as much water you will get in without it overflowing the mash tun. If you need 40L then you will need the 50L.

I've researched a bit and seen guys mash 8.5 kg in them on YouTube. Mashed into 20l. Then sparged to basically fill it to 37 l.

Was that with the top plate in place?

With 20L that might be doable but you would defo need to sparge, 6kg and 30L is about max for full volume.

Interested in the 50L. Im not a fan of using hop spiders so ideally would like to free hop. Does the Guten have a filter or a false bottom stopping hop material getting into the pump? If not, how are others solving this?

Can't wait to try out this puppy!
20180830_161940-03.jpeg

Interested in the 50L. Im not a fan of using hop spiders so ideally would like to free hop. Does the Guten have a filter or a false bottom stopping hop material getting into the pump? If not, how are others solving this?
You can rig a helix that does what you want

I use the helix I got off WEAL works great only ever stuck once, just used a blade to open the coil.

Awesome thanks for the info. So to clarify, the helix would attach to the tap and I would have to use a second pump if I need to move the wort across to a FV.

Been looking at getting a RB3 until I found out about these. Very tempted as the 40L on KK is $380 and there is a free shipping option showing for me.

I noticed the RB3 has a false bottom but the Guten doesnt, is there any dis/advantage to this?

Can the pump be used to pump through the chiller to the FV?

So there now saying the smaller one is 40L, larger 50L as originally stated.
Where’s the value in buying the larger one?? 10L more for twice the price...

The 50 litre does a maximum boil of 46.7 litres according to dibbz.
I do a full mash in the 40 litre so with about a 3 litre sparge I can end up with 23 litres in the fermenter.

The 50 litre does a maximum boil of 46.7 litres according to dibbz.
I do a full mash in the 40 litre so with about a 3 litre sparge I can end up with 23 litres in the fermenter.

So 47L minus kettle losses and then fermented losses should still get me my 2 cornies filled then!

Back