GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I think their price on the 30L is good ($380) but they asking $740 for the 50L which seems high to me, is it really $360 more kit than the 30L? I think not

Agreed, was hoping the 50L would be a bit cheaper than that.
Interested to see what their upgraded controller looks like.

I was waiting for the next G&G sale to buy a 50L Braumeister but now I have to decide if one is worth 4.25x the price of a Guten.
im in the same boat as you, and ive decided the 50L brau is worth it over the other crap on the market, even if i get a 2nd hand BM50 ill be happier than a new knock off (guten/robo ect)

I have to agree having both, though I do find the Guten gets better efficiency for some reason with a standard grain to water ratio and the BM gets better efficiency at a full mash volume If money is no problem and one is into brewing for the long haul then tick the BM box.

G&G 10% off Braumeister sale just went up on facebook...

i was just looking at prices online today, are you going the original 50 or the 50plus?

The original. I don't see the value in the plus. Would rather use an immersion chiller.

Of course in still debating which way I go between the Guten and BM. Leaning towards the BM though.

The original. I don't see the value in the plus. Would rather use an immersion chiller.

Of course in still debating which way I go between the Guten and BM. Leaning towards the BM though.
I doubt very much the Guten 50 litre price is set in concrete, going by what was previously said in the difference in a 30 and 50 litre seems to extreme, really want a 50 litre unit but will definitely haggle strongly on the price, around the $600 would seem a more fair price.

y

yep i thought the same, a few months ago there was a flurry of BMs for sale on here, now none.....ill do a few more cashies and buy a new one next year i think when G&G has a discount

Did a double batch Sunday, both identical grain, both identical water amounts and treatment, was actually surprised at the outcome.
001.JPG Were off with the mash.
002.JPG 003.JPG
To be fair kept the level below the overflow though I don't believe it makes any difference.
005.JPG
The boil.
Interestingly the pre boil gravity were both exactly the same. Final gravity the BM which lagged behind the boil of the Guten came out at 1,051 and the Guten 1,048. theoretically should both have been the same

Nothing to do with the head to head but ferment started within 5 hours. Daisy chained the fermenters to the secondary's, purging the secondary's of any oxygen before applying a little pressure.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Back