GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you could have got this for about $30 plus shipping, but I would just go on eBay and look for a cheap one, I have made my mash thinner than what GF recommend so I don't use so much mash water and I used the BM as the boiler other than that I used to use a pot on the gas stove.
129.jpg

Does anyone know power specs for the 50L/70L versions. The NBN people broke my internet (for the 4th time) so stuck with the phone only till they fix it. More so I know what sort of power might be required in the shed.

Are they making a 70litre version WEAL?
50 is released at the end of March so still a couple of weeks away.

Not aware of a Guten with bigger capacity than the 50 litre but there was another crowd who were making a 60 and 70 litre, not as good, the recirculation was through the tap into a little brown pump then back to the top, nothing fancy.

I thought new Robobrew with pump had a programmable controller.

The other thing to consider is after sales support. If you buy Robobrew from an Australian retailer (Keg King directly), you are likely to get decent after sales support and service. If you buy direct from China it is unlikely that you will get any help once you paid and the goods have been dispatched.

If there is one thing I can say about Keg King, it is that they have given me good after sales support when issues with their products have cropped up. In that respect Keg King are much, much better than Grainfather.

Re: 70L one of the aliexpess sellers showed models of 30/50/60/70 I can't verify if they were or weren't the guten till I have network back.

40L-50L-60L-70L-Homebrew-Beer-Machine.jpg_220x220.jpg

These are the ones you are thinking of mj these are the ones that have the silicone hose from the tap to the pump and back to the top.
The last thing I would be worried about peteru would be the sales support, after I got mine delivered the sent an email to ask if I had recieved the unit OK they sent an email after my first brew to see how it went and wanted any constructive feedback, plus the fact companies don't spend all that money setting up and advertising to have it brought down by a few unhappy customers.

That's excellent news. Not typical for Chinese products bought of AliExpress. However, if you are actually going to Alibaba wholesale market and they are under the impression that you are testing the waters before you order a container load, they will probably work pretty hard on making sure you are happy.

Actually didn't make out I was a container buyer, a few years ago Alibaba was a pretty grim place to do any business, a far cry than what it is today, and if people just took the time to check Alibaba before jumping on to the specials offered by forum sponsors they would find they could get a 50% better deal from the same suppliers the forum sponsors are using.

After an anxious few days took delivery of my Guten, I have been looking at the GF and Robobrew for a few months but the value just wasn't there, decided to go for the Guten for the price it seemed good value going on WEAL's description, as soon as I had committed to buy I was worrying whether I had done the right thing. Had WEAL beat it up, is it like he claims. (sorry WEAL)
After opening the box could see I had been worrying for nothing, it is an upmarket version of the GF, polished to a mirror finish with superior fittings for $557 cannot find one complaint.
003.JPG

malt & barley blues said:
After an anxious few days took delivery of my Guten, I have been looking at the GF and Robobrew for a few months but the value just wasn't there, decided to go for the Guten for the price it seemed good value going on WEAL's description, as soon as I had committed to buy I was worrying whether I had done the right thing. Had WEAL beat it up, is it like he claims. (sorry WEAL)
After opening the box could see I had been worrying for nothing, it is an upmarket version of the GF, polished to a mirror finish with superior fittings for $557 cannot find one complaint.
attachicon.gif
003.JPG
Looking forward to mine arriving, how long did the post take? she said they sent mine to their forwarder on Friday, hoping might have a new toy to play with this weekend!!

Foshan Shunde Guten kitchen equipment, believe it to be a retail arm of the manufacturer, if you order 2 you will get them a little cheaper with 3 free $2.00 hop bags and a $5.00 set of compact scales. :D

Leyther said:
Looking forward to mine arriving, how long did the post take? she said they sent mine to their forwarder on Friday, hoping might have a new toy to play with this weekend!!
Around about a week, I know it was 4 days from the forwarder, and we had a holiday Monday so could have been less.

WEAL/MBB,

do either of you use Beersmith and have an equipment profile setup for the Guten? if so any chance of getting the details (can you export it?)

Back