GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

duncbrewer

Reaction score
@Jayvan90
I've just got my Smartpid, arrived yesterday.

What instructions did you follow to wire it in? Did you find any specific to the guten?
Did you move the temp sensor?
Any tips for setting it up / install on the guten 70?

Thanks

Jayvan90

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
@Jayvan90
I've just got my Smartpid, arrived yesterday.

What instructions did you follow to wire it in? Did you find any specific to the guten?
Did you move the temp sensor?
Any tips for setting it up / install on the guten 70?

Thanks
Hey @duncbrewer,
I’m busy today but will have some time tomorrow afternoon to respond properly- I followed the Klarstein instructions as that was most similar- I didn’t change the location of the temp probe but have since considered doing that as I think it might be better placed closer to the recirc pump inlet.
Also on my last brew I had possibly the most annoying issue I have encountered so far - the thermal cut out switch decided it didn’t like me or the roggenbier I was brewing and would reset every 40 - 50 sec or so at around 100c, to get my post boil numbers took around 3ish boring hrs - so that is getting a bypass before next brew day since it doesn’t look like keg king sell a replacement. While I have it apart I will take some pics of how it all worked out for you. As far as 70L specific info, I only have a 40 so not much help but I figure they probably have a fair-bit in common other than just physical size.
Did you get the capacitor / filter in the kit? .. that becomes useful if you get interface to the wifi connection from the pump..

as an update on the trub catcher - it never really worked as well as I wanted it to after chopping and changing .. back to the drawing board !

Ballaratguy

Reaction score
Hey @duncbrewer,
I’m busy today but will have some time tomorrow afternoon to respond properly- I followed the Klarstein instructions as that was most similar- I didn’t change the location of the temp probe but have since considered doing that as I think it might be better placed closer to the recirc pump inlet.
Also on my last brew I had possibly the most annoying issue I have encountered so far - the thermal cut out switch decided it didn’t like me or the roggenbier I was brewing and would reset every 40 - 50 sec or so at around 100c, to get my post boil numbers took around 3ish boring hrs - so that is getting a bypass before next brew day since it doesn’t look like keg king sell a replacement. While I have it apart I will take some pics of how it all worked out for you. As far as 70L specific info, I only have a 40 so not much help but I figure they probably have a fair-bit in common other than just physical size.
Did you get the capacitor / filter in the kit? .. that becomes useful if you get interface to the wifi connection from the pump..

as an update on the trub catcher - it never really worked as well as I wanted it to after chopping and changing .. back to the drawing board !
Jaycar
Hey @duncbrewer,

Jaycar electronics would probably have a thermal cut out

duncbrewer

Reaction score
@Jayvan90
If you can find out the details of the cutout I'll look at the ones that I bought as spares when I burnt out the one in my water boiler.
I'll check the rating of the ones I've got in a couple of hours.

I ordered mine from aliexpress as I struggled to find one in Jaycar over here or another supplier.