Guten 40lt programming guide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of doing this when my inability to bend down or if I get frustrated with fine control of the Guten.

I’ve just hooked a grainfather control box onto my Guten works a treat and you can mount it any you like (I’ve got mine mounted on my keeper which is next to the Guten when I brew)
Cheaper than the smartPID and a hell of a lot easier to alter the wiring (just have to cut the pump power and connect the GF controller and then disconnect the Lea power to the elements and require them to the GF. Easy as)

I assume your GF died so you had a free controller, otherwise they're around $220 on eBay and they don't have WiFi. I think $300 for a wifi enabled smartPID is a pretty good deal by comparison.

I assume your GF died so you had a free controller, otherwise they're around $220 on eBay and they don't have WiFi. I think $300 for a wifi enabled smartPID is a pretty good deal by comparison.
Actually I just bided my time and kept an eye out on Facebook, eBay and gumtree. Eventually found one with a slight defect with the screen. Cost $65

Back