Gun Vs Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
So I am in process of getting my first system, now I am planning on taking my keg to parties on occasion so I am going to need to look into something mobile but 90% of the time it will be at home with me in my fridge.

So my real question is:

Do I get a tap with my system and then get a party tap later

OR

Get a gun now and use that all the time until I have the money to buy an extra tap

anyone have any comments on the guns at all and if they would be fine for me in my fridge? This way I wouldn't have to put a hole in fridge either ... right?

I don't have a fridge yet... well just my original beer fridge but would rather keep that intact if possible but if it needs to happen it will.

Thanx

I have the holes in your fridge kinda taps, works well, also, Ihave them installed in an old fridge, if i kept opening the door to access the gun the temp would drop greatly..

I have never used a gun, but I am ordering one of those taps that lock stright onto the keg for parties ;)

warb said:
I have the holes in your fridge kinda taps, works well, also, Ihave them installed in an old fridge, if i kept opening the door to access the gun the temp would drop greatly..

I have never used a gun, but I am ordering one of those taps that lock stright onto the keg for parties ;)
warb, where are you ordering the tap from (brewers discount?) and if so how much do they cost approx?

Would love to get it by xmas if I could.

ALSO anyone have a comment on using the party taps on more of a full time basis until I get a regular beer fridge?

Party taps work fine. I was completely happy with the performance of mine. I have no complaints about the two that I used for 6 months or more, especially for what I paid for them. Beats buying a gun when your just going to go to fridge mount taps in the future anyway. I just wouldn't pay the $20 some homebrew shops are charging for them, that is just highway robbery.

FWIW, Grain and grape charge $9 (or $9.95??) for them which is reasonable, but $20 is bull sh#t.

Cheers, JD

Hmm. I can't see them there either. I was sure I did have them though? Maybe it was on a newsletter I got from them? Send an email.

Brewersdiscount have them for $1.79US. Cheap. If you want a couple of other items it can work out real cheap. Send me a PM and I can give you more info on this if you like.

Cheers, Justin

Latest posts

Back