Grundy Tanks: Use?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I updated the link. Still exploring these. They do not look like traditional Grundy Tanks so I don't know if it's a misnomer of some kind or not.

They aren’t very common over here (this forum being about 99.9% Australian) I have seen something very similar being used in juice factories.
At around 800L they arent really going to be a lot of use to most home brewers. I understand they get a bit of a workout in US micro breweries pretty good low cost maturation and serving tanks, pressure rated to around 1 Bar and having sanitary fittings...
You might be better off enquiring in the US, probably got second-hand brewery equipment dealers over there.
Mark

They aren’t very common over here (this forum being about 99.9% Australian) I have seen something very similar being used in juice factories.
At around 800L they arent really going to be a lot of use to most home brewers. I understand they get a bit of a workout in US micro breweries pretty good low cost maturation and serving tanks, pressure rated to around 1 Bar and having sanitary fittings...
You might be better off enquiring in the US, probably got second-hand brewery equipment dealers over there.
Mark
Aren't they essentially what Foghorn Hunter Valley have outside around the brewery on the road side of the building?
Always wondered what they used those tanks for

Nah they are couple of thousand litre rain water tanks, far as I know they havent even been connected up to the roof, something of an unfinished project by a previous owner maybe.
Noticed an interesting paint job on some of them last time I was there.
Mark

They are good to take to the scrap yard and thats about that ....

Back