Grumpy's One! Premium All-grain Pure Brewers Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
See Grumpys have launched a full wort kit.

Any you Adelaide boys willing to try it and give us a report?

Here is the link

The first one is a American Pale Ale ala SNPA.

Beers,
Doc

I ordered two
Gotta wait now

these are basically a batch of their 'Adelaide hills pale ale'.
So your getting the very freshest and best allgrain wort possible.
Once it gets cooled it goes into 15 litre drums like ESB.
I don't think you could find a better product going around.
These will sell like hot cakes.

Just picked mine up, with the American Ale Wyeast.

I'm going to do it without watering down OG 1060 final of 1013 -1017. IBU = 42

It comes with a good instruction sheet (which is tailored to whether you want to do it watered down, or heavy).

The instruction sheet also tells us it's made with

"100% all grain wort comprising English floor malted barley and a blend of australian and english specialty malts. Chinook and Cascade hops imported from the Yakima valley for bittering flavour and aroma. Piccadilly Natural spring water is used exlcusively throughout."

Can't wait.

If I was getting two, I'd add some more IBU's and make a Skunk Fart ! :D

Cheers
Boots

yeah i am just gunna use it like it is with a litre starter.
(what i know i do allgrain anyway. yeah yeah. still i reckon a few allgrainers will like the idea of doing one of these on a week you don't have time to brew)
These must be flying out the door.

Grumpy Dave said they had been *very* popular.

Put mine down this morning with the American Ale Wyeast.

This was my first time with a liquid yeast, Made a 1.5 Litre starter with 150Gm dried malt. Bunged it in me 5 Litre demijohn last night. This morning there was no real foaming or anything but the starter was bubbling and there was a thin build up of yeast on te base of the container, so I figured that was good enough. filled a crowny stubby with some of it and but the rest into the brew (after aerating like a mofo - the wife thought I was crazy at 6am).

the Grumpys actually made a little booboo. There was 17 litres (instead of the advertised 15) so there's a bonus B)

Because of this I thought I'd add an extra 2 litres of water giving me an OG of 1051. Tasted good too!

Yeap the containers they got were 2 litres bigger than they wanted or even thought they were when they got them.
I think they'll stick to 17l for them because they wouldn't want 2 litres of head space in there.

anyway 2 litres of beer free.

jayse

Big News......plug.
Grumpies have a new fresh wort on the shelves.
here's the specs.

GRUMPIES ONE NATURAL BLONDE

With a Max colour of 8 EBC this beer has been Mashed using only Hoepfner Pils and Caramel Pils Malts and Piccadilly Natural Spring water from our own Adelaide Hills.

It has been first wort hopped and bittered with Hallertau Northern Brewer Hops and finished with Hallertau Tradition.

It can be brewed as a Lager or an Ale and will respond particularly well using WYEAST 1056 or 1272 American Ale strains.

Brewed with zero dilution at 17 Litres, It will reward the brewer with a 6.0% Alc by vol Golden Blonde beer at 42 IBU's of bittering.

The recommended dilution rates of 6Litres and 10Litres for lower alcohol styles will reduce colour and bittering from the blonde mentioned above.

These dilution rates will enable the brewer to produce styles similar to Koelsch. Other premium German style Lagers and Ales can be produced depending on yeast selection.

In addition, the brewer can emulate many Premium Australian Lagers, however they will result in beers with All-Grain character rather than adjunct sugar flavour.

Grumpy's have a large range of WYEAST Lager yeast in stock suitable for this all-pilsener grist including;
2042 and 2247 Danish Lager;
2565 Koelsch;
2278 Czech Pils and others.

Get in quick the last A.P.A lastest all of 4 days, all of nearly 800 litres worth.

cheers jayse

These sound bloody great. Hope they have something like this late next autumn. Dont want to take a chance with all this heat. Excellent for a lazy bugger like me as well. All the works been done for you. Oh well , heres hoping.

cheers

Racked this off to secondary this morning (a bit too long in primary - it's a busy time of year !).

SG - 1005 ! That's a bit lower than I was expecting. I've seen a few others commenting the same on the Grumpy's forum.

The taste from the sample tube was "ok". With a low gravity like that I'm sure it'll taste much better cold. It's pretty cloudy too, but I've never used this yeast before so don't know if that's just how it always goes.

Did anyone else get similar results?

Back