Grumpys German Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
well i have changed my mind here as i was going to do the czeck pilsner ,so i went out today to get some saflager 34/70 yeast,anyway the guy at grumpys talked me into some german lager with a can of grumpys malt and a pack that contains malt,malted barley,dextrose,hops.,so the deal is to boil the extra pack of malt ,barley.ect for 10 minutes thenadd finnishing hops for the last minute of the boil,then cool for about 20 mins.then add can of concentrate to fermenter with 2 litres of hot water.strain my boiled brew into the fermenter and bring up to 23 litres ,airate the wort,then when temp is 20/25 deg add the yeast,now on the yeast this says to make a starter first so i will do that. then i will put into my fridge at about 9/10 deg and ferment it for about two weeks or until it has finnished working,then rack to secondry and keep down around 4 deg for about a month,then bottle and drink
cheers
fergi

ps maybe i will only secondry for 2 weeks i think i will get a bit impatient for my first fridge ferment and will be anxious to taste ,maybe next time i will lager for a month or more

fergi
Bring it to the Barossa Brewers Club Meeting on thursday and we will make it up...

Ken...

thanks for the offer ken but i still have bowls practice thursday nighs,wont be able to get up there until about april
cheers
fergi

Back