Grumpys Copping It

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
See you guys are telling Grumpy a few home truths

Noticed they're not on the Batz world tour itinerary.

Not a happy Batty?

Does'nt worry this little black bat

Being lucky enough to have a HBS close by that has good stuff like wyeast and a great selection of hops & grains I have yet to buy from the Grumps. Also being in WA it is definatley easier to go local.

That said the grumps are probably indirectly responsible for me becomming a brew addict ... looked up their site after doing some of their K&K brews to see what was there. Read the board and there was no turning back...

Anyway don't know the politics of all this but the board has been a great resource to me. The HBS's the better in my view.

Yep, Grumpy's have been good to me fellas. What have they done to upset everyone?

They did not upset me , I just noticed that there was a little negitive feed back on their board , being in remote WA I order a lot of stuff from them.

It is very slow to arrive but I am happy enough

Hope I have'nt opened a can of worms here :blink:

I posted a somewhat grumpy post late last night on their board. Up too late, with a glass of red in my hand. Shouldn't have. It left a worst taste next day than the red had.

Grumpies have always done well by me, and I hope they (and Goliath, and Jovial Monk) live long and prosper.

Were lucky in Adelaide that we have at least three well staffed and stocked hbs's to go to. Nothing like being spoiled for choice.

Wee Stu ,

there is an old saying

if you are going to send somebody a "nasty and/or critical" email

write it today an send it tomorrow

Rod

Don't stress it Stu, your post was ok. Don't know why Andrew feels he has to defend grumpys honour against a competitor/ex-employee/partner. Just doing a good job is enough.

And by the way I love your signature... One of my favourite albums!

looks like your post has been removed wee stu.i cant find it <_<

There seems to be a few posts that dissappear from their site lately.
I think they may be having trouble with content or just a problem with their board.
There has certainly been some strange posts on their board recently.
I am lucky I guess that I am not as remote as some and while freight is a pain in the a$$ my goods seem to get here in the end.
I would love the convenience of just being able to call in after work or on the weekend.
I have found that all brew suppliers that I have dealt with over the years both
from Adelaide and from other states have been quite good with their orders.
I would assume that there is a settling down period needed at Verdun after the recent changes and I'm sure things will go back to normal in due course.

Cheers

Yeah, my grumpy post is history, together with my sweet apology.

I don't mind them nixing the obvious trolls they've been getting lately, but some of the missing posts are curious.

Let's hope it all settles down soon.

Took the family, and a visitor from the States to Grumpy's today for pizza. The place was jumping! Adelaide Hills Harvest Festival weekend and lots of beer and wine tasting, with a jazz band on the verandah.

For a home brew shop and micro brewery, they sure make fine pizza! :rolleyes: And the Adelaide Hills Pale Ale slipped down a treat too. :chug: :chug: :chug:

Also picked up some fresh 1728 Scottish yeast slurry and the makings of my next couple of brews. All fences well and truly mended.

Deebee - glad you like the signature. They may be one hit wonders over here, but they're actually a damn fine band.

your not regretting you comments are you stu? :wub:

no matter how true they are?

:D :D :chug:

Life's too short for regrets wedge, it was all just a tempest in a nonic.

RDWHAHB!!!

Back