Grumpy's -- Can You Still Buy Stuff From Them

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod

Reaction score
Is it still possible to buy ingredients and kits from Grumpy's

My internet favourite takes me to the restaurant . no mention of brew shop

Ah yes........Grumpy`s infamous Forum :rolleyes:
Plenty of would be smartarses came reeling out of there with a fat lip and a mugging they didn`t count on. :lol:
A great experience and forum in it`s day :icon_cheers:

staggalee.

Ah yes........Grumpy`s infamous Forum :rolleyes:
Plenty of would be smartarses came reeling out of there with a fat lip and a mugging they didn`t count on. :lol:
A great experience and forum in it`s day :icon_cheers:

staggalee.

and they didnt say thanks to the interstate customers for their patronage, word of mouth recommendations etc before pulling the forum plug

Grumpy's didn't pull the plug on the forum on purpose.
The ISP (Chariot) decided that the website needed to go onto another server. They assured us that the forum would still work, but the translation may have got lost to and from Hindi. When it didn't as well as the shop software requiring an upgrade to work on their new server, despite heated arguments we weren't willing to pay for new software and installation when the ISP was at fault, we left it. Especially since the shop was now a separate entity to the restaurant and was going to move off site.

So thank you Steve for your patronage, and word of mouth recommendations.
As has been posted on here a few times, all our kits are still available and made fresh to order.

Cheers,

Brad
Still Brewing

There never was and never will be a forum to match it . :beer:
Remember the time........no, better not, don`t worry about it :lol:

staggalee.

I would also like to add that Brad has a post-graduate qualification in brewing science so you are unlikely to find a more knowledgeable HB show proprietor.

No affiliation just a satisfied customer.

cheers

Darren

Grumpy's didn't pull the plug on the forum on purpose.
The ISP (Chariot) decided that the website needed to go onto another server. They assured us that the forum would still work, but the translation may have got lost to and from Hindi. When it didn't as well as the shop software requiring an upgrade to work on their new server, despite heated arguments we weren't willing to pay for new software and installation when the ISP was at fault, we left it. Especially since the shop was now a separate entity to the restaurant and was going to move off site.

So thank you Steve for your patronage, and word of mouth recommendations.
As has been posted on here a few times, all our kits are still available and made fresh to order.

Cheers,

Brad
Still Brewing

Brad,

Why cant you shop around for better deals from better ISP's to service your needs

Rook

There never was and never will be a forum to match it . :beer:
Remember the time........no, better not, don`t worry about it :lol:

staggalee.

Ay Up Lad ,Them wur the days !!

Pumpy ;)

Ay Up Lad ,Them wur the days !!

Pumpy ;)

Could anyone EVER forget Ray H and his infamous Soda-Stream carbonator..... :lol:

There sure where some ratbags on that forum.....and, unfortunatly some complete d1*kheads

look like I was one of many that liked the forum

there is no dispute we me about the quality of their kits

i will be ordering my $ 100's worth as before

The Hoegaarden was a winner for sure

Colonial mild stout

Classic English draft

Boston cream

so many to choose from , and plenty of time to drink them

the hoegaarden certainly was a winner, as was the boston, as was the forum. i miss the banter.

does anyone have the partial recipe of it, the hoe? i cant find it and would like to alter it to an AG version ready for summer.

lobo

There is alot of good informatino on grumpies site.
i know this because i have followed lots of links posted by other forum users too grumpies site.

the problem is. when i go to search for it myself i keep getting the resturant page.
it drove me nuts, espessially when i couldnt find the post that lead me to the link in the first place.

Is there any way of accessing the information without knowing the exact Link?

Could anyone EVER forget Ray H and his infamous Soda-Stream carbonator..... :lol:

or when he went to sleep in the park with his "appendage" hanging out and a little old lady thought it was a one eyed ferret? :lol:

staggalee.

It was Grumpys discussion board that I learnd how to brew. Then it was Grumpys that sold me my first AG brew. I was quite dissapointed the last time I stoped in for some graines and there was no shop.

There sure where some ratbags on that forum.....and, unfortunatly some complete d1*kheads

I loved 'Father Vooshers Confessional' that guys 15th Century English and wit was as sharp as a tack.

pumpy :)

Aahhhh...memories.. :rolleyes:

I was in tears of laughter some nights reading the posts on that site... :D

Back