Grumpy's Brewhaus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
I can't really say enough good thing about grumpy's.
So were do I start?

In SA the only real beer crawl for me is from one end of grumpies fonts to the other and back again! :chug: generally I have to be forceably removed when it comes time to lock up.
The pizzas' are simply the best you can get anywhere and the kitchen doesn't end there by any means they have a fantasic team both front of house and in the kitchen and a few clowns in the brewshop and brewery;)
The beer prices are exeptional you'll pay less for a nonic of great grumpies craft brew than you would for a kilkenny in a irish git bar.
There have been in my time more grumpies beers than i can remember but ussually you'll find.
Heyson stout.
Adelaide hills pale ale.
Auld fokker.
Biggles bitter.
Tom Cat C.A.P.
Red baron 80/.
and any other beer that blows their skirts up when they are formulating recipes.
From.......
Honey wheat.
G.O.D.
Smoked pale ale.....forget the name they called it.
and the list will keep growing iam sure

So don't waste your time going for second best and make the trip to grumpingtons instead.
They get the full ten points on the beerometer. :chug:

Jayse

grumpys.jpg

jayse said:
I can't really say enough good thing about grumpy's.
So were do I start?

In SA the only real beer crawl for me is from one end of grumpies fonts to the other and back again! :chug: generally I have to be forceably removed when it comes time to lock up.
The pizzas' are simply the best you can get anywhere and the kitchen doesn't end there by any means they have a fantasic team both front of house and in the kitchen and a few clowns in the brewshop and brewery;)
The beer prices are exeptional you'll pay less for a nonic of great grumpies craft brew than you would for a kilkenny in a irish git bar.
There have been in my time more grumpies beers than i can remember but ussually you'll find.
Heyson stout.
Adelaide hills pale ale.
Auld fokker.
Biggles bitter.
Tom Cat C.A.P.
Red baron 80/.
and any other beer that blows their skirts up when they are formulating recipes.
From.......
Honey wheat.
G.O.D.
Smoked pale ale.....forget the name they called it.
and the list will keep growing iam sure

So don't waste your time going for second best and make the trip to grumpingtons instead.
They get the full ten points on the beerometer. :chug:

Jayse
[post="55450"][/post]​

I would concur with all Jayse said. And with the new freeway it is only 20 minutes from the toll gate.

The Honey wheat is a well formulated beer Jayse :)

Steve

Iv'e done the trip from Central Vic. once, can't wait for the next time either.
But have a truckie mate that can pick up some of those fresh wort kits for me.

Normell

Yes agree with that

The couple of times I have been in Adelaide and gone to Grumpys , what a night they put on , exellent beer , magnificent pizzas !

Thanks guys :beerbang:

Batz

I've only walked into Grumpy's once - being from out of state - but Thomas treated me like a long lost cousin. The hospitality was incredible, and something you don't often experience anymore - especially in Sydney.

I felt very jealous of you Adelaide people having such a great place and resource.

Hopefully I'll be back soon. Loved the Oatmeal Stout !!!

If your an out of towner and you find yourself in Adelaide - make sure you make time to shoot out to Grumpies. A 20 min drive in Sydney these days doesn't even get you to teh next suburb half the time so they are really pretty close to teh centre of Adelaide in terms of time. :beer:

Batz said:
Yes agree with that

The couple of times I have been in Adelaide and gone to Grumpys , what a night they put on , exellent beer , magnificent pizzas !

Thanks guys :beerbang:

Batz
[post="55471"][/post]​

The hospitality at Grumpys is always good, but Batz must be very influential, all the stops were pulled out on his last visit. Top show Grumpsters :beer:

I must fully agree with all the above comments as I have thoroughly enjoyed myself each time I have visited their establishment.

I must add also that the supply and delivery of brewing items and grain is excellent, as is the advice on home brewing.

When I read on this forum, the problems that exist in SE Qld with grain supply for the HB market then I know how fortunate we are to have Grumpy's in Adelaide, who in all reality, have set the benchmark for supplying the home brewer.

Top Job Grumpys,

Cheers

I really don't get up to Grumpy's as much as I would like to - it really is a top spot. The bbq days with multiple spits are great too.

BTW if you haven't been to Grumpy's for a while, expect to see a few changes.
I dropped by there this arvo, (G'day GT) and the homebrew shop is now out the back, its original room/location now a part of the restaurant seating arrangement.
Cheers!

Yep gotta agree Jayse Grumpys is a great place for a few beers, and from the looks of it a great selection of HB supplies.
Thanks again Jayse for drivin me round while I was over :beer:
My favourite was the Pale Ale. Could have sat there all arvo drinking that. Thanks to Thomas too for his hospitality and tour of the brewery. Will have to make another Adelaide trip again in the future.

Hoops

The Pale Ale...Grumpys.JPG

I'm looking forward to a pint of the honey wheat tomorrow afternoon.

...and the live blues on Wednesay evenings and Satday arvos sets the mood just nicely.

See you at grumpy's, you'll leave happy.

tdh (he brew the beer)

Can't wait till the grumpsters find a suitable Qld site & make the big move...
Then it will be time to party :party:

dicko said:
When I read on this forum, the problems that exist in SE Qld with grain supply for the HB market then I know how fortunate we are to have Grumpy's in Adelaide, who in all reality, have set the benchmark for supplying the home brewer.

Top Job Grumpys,

Cheers
[post="55485"][/post]​

I second that Dicko.

I am a Queenslander and just by chance I came across Grumpies last year when I got lost looking for a friend's place en route to WA but I decided to visit a few friends whilst in the State. I will keep it short. I was thirsty and needed a refreshment when I noted a sign which I thought was cute and I decided to investigate. That was early last year. I did not realise at that time that I was going to Home Brew but I still remember the friendly athmosphere not to mention the refreshments that I partook. Thank you...

Cheers,
Keep on Brewin' :beer:

tdh said:
...and the live blues on Wednesay evenings and Satday arvos sets the mood just nicely.

See you at grumpy's, you'll leave happy.

tdh (he brew the beer)
[post="55540"][/post]​

That reminds me I forgot to mention watch out for that dodgey TDH fellow :excl:
better of going down the back and drinking with the goat :huh:

Jayse

That goat must be the best fed goat in the Adelaide Hills.

I dropped in on the way home from work to pick up a brew one Friday. There was a few people already there so had to park out the back.
There was the goat with a trailer load of what looked like used malt grains filling his face!!

Lucky fella, I wonder if they try new recipes out on him too?

L.X. said:
There was the goat with a trailer load of what looked like used malt grains filling his face!!

[post="55596"][/post]​

If I find out that Grumpys have stolen my patented "intestinal mashing" technique legal action will follow. Theres only room for one "Big Shit Porter" in this market.

Malnourished said:
Is there any public transport out to Grumpy's?
[post="55978"][/post]​

Yep, there is a bus that drops you very close to the front door. Call Grumpy's and they will tell you all the details

Cheers
Pedro

Gulf Brewery said:
Yep, there is a bus that drops you very close to the front door. Call Grumpy's and they will tell you all the details

Cheers
Pedro

Cheers!

Back