Grumpy's Brewhaus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly, Master of said suggestion.

spog said:
AHB take over ?
Oh so many possibilities with Grumpy's ,prime position and growth potential...IMO.
I would seriously consider leasing the business if available. Not interested in tying up my money in further property however.

Paleman said:
Always enjoy myself there and the beers and pizza are fantastic. Each to their own i suppose.
Again and I'm not comparing beer / food offerings but the hills breweries as businesses. As a business Prancing Pony are killing it. Smart marketing. Grumpy's needs a facelift on both the venue and the branding because they have been left behind.

I mentioned Grumpys was for sale when my wife walked in the door after work last night and the first words out of her mouth were
"YOU'RE NOT BUYING A BREWERY"
And yes, you could hear the capitals.

If you want to see a business in Hahndorf doing well, then check out the Seasonal Garden which is on the north side of the road at the first pedestrian crossing entering the town. Not beer related, but Sylvia has set up something pretty special there. Big set up inside with a great menu and coffee, superb gardens out the back which will all end up in the kitchens and onto plates on premises.
I'm not affiliated, but if you are cruising through Hahndorf, then it merits a visit.

Grumpys is worth a visit if you are up that way. I will always remember my first visit, i was doing some work up at Mt Barker and decided to stop off at Grumpys for a quick pint. Back then he was still selling brewing supplies. I ended getting a full tour of the place including the kitchen which has a wood fired stove and his sheds out the back where all that wonderful glorious beer is created.

Wolfman1 said:
I mentioned Grumpys was for sale when my wife walked in the door after work last night and the first words out of her mouth were
"YOU'RE NOT BUYING A BREWERY"
And yes, you could hear the capitals.
Time to trade in on one who is more sympathetic with your ideas :)

Ducatiboy stu said:
Time to trade in on one who is more sympathetic with your ideas :)
Now that'd be a bulk buy I would embrace whole-heartedly

Anyone know what Thomas (TD) from Grumpys is up to these days? He used frequent AHB a while back.

Killer Brew said:
Again and I'm not comparing beer / food offerings but the hills breweries as businesses. As a business Prancing Pony are killing it. Smart marketing. Grumpy's needs a facelift on both the venue and the branding because they have been left behind.
Ok im getting ya. Have to agree. We dont know Andy's personal life thus can't judge him in any way. But as a buisness opportunity if you had the nouse it could flourish. Id seriously think about it myself. Im driven. Have a driven woman lol. And daughters that would work. My downfall is i only dabble in partial mash beers. As for cooking i could flick out a pizza. Id seriously need some on the job training to get me on the train tracks. Id have a good go i suppose if i had a partner in crime. And i dont mean my Mrs. Weve always wanted to live in Handorf. We hunny mooned there 25 years ago and have always been in love with the hills. Im due for a redundancy package from the mine i work at. Are the planets aligning? Lol. Im raving. Just enjoying a Boston Cream in my Whyalla loungeroom. Watching the Olympics.

Ducatiboy stu said:
He is now working in the wine industry
Wow. GT was such a beer proffesor. Hard to inagine him in the wine industry.

My spelling is shocking after 20 good beers. Who would have thought.

There are people that are so attached to Grumpys. I would hate to see it go by the wayside. Everytime we go there Ruby the kelpie is always catching a ball while her human bloke has a stout. Ive met him numerous times but only remember Ruby as names. She stole my heart. As for the Grumpy Goat. Its in our belly!!!!!!

20 good beers at 11.40am :blink: ! You havent changed Paleman. I do recall you used to get pissed on the grumpys forum and talk to yourself. :lol: Hope you are well.

Hi gents!
My ears were burning...
Yep, sort of in the wine business... company called Winequip... tanks, crushers, presses, pumps, refrigeration etc.
Distilling and brewing equipment as well. Been here nearly 9 years.
Steve and Ducati Stu still lurking!!! Still brewing???
I'm still brewing, won't ever stop.
10-12kg batches and all electric now with Altbier, IPA, Koelsch, Weissbier and Porter being the regulars on tap.
People brewing Saison here yet?

GT

tdh said:
Hi gents!
My ears were burning...
Yep, sort of in the wine business... company called Winequip... tanks, crushers, presses, pumps, refrigeration etc.
Distilling and brewing equipment as well. Been here nearly 9 years.
Steve and Ducati Stu still lurking!!! Still brewing???
I'm still brewing, won't ever stop.
10-12kg batches and all electric now with Altbier, IPA, Koelsch, Weissbier and Porter being the regulars on tap.
People brewing Saison here yet?

GT
Hey GT. Glad you are well. Winequip is one of my suppliers. Small world hey. I deal with Andrew Watt. Im now the Manager at the LHBS in Canberra (BrewYourOwnAtHome). Andrew knows us well. I had a break from brewing for a few years and then got back into it a couple of years ago. I pop on here only occasionally these days. Cheers mate, Steve.

DrSmurto said:
Tempted but not enough to make an enquiry.
Oh go on.
Who wouldn't want to work 80+ hours per week.

Hey fellas I was...
Whoops, looks like I'm crashing a family reunion.
I'll show myself out...

Steve said:
Hey GT. Glad you are well. Winequip is one of my suppliers. Small world hey. I deal with Andrew Watt. Im now the Manager at the LHBS in Canberra (BrewYourOwnAtHome). Andrew knows us well. I had a break from brewing for a few years and then got back into it a couple of years ago. I pop on here only occasionally these days. Cheers mate, Steve.
Hi Steve, good to hear that you're still kicking.
What's in today's fermenter?

GT

Latest posts

Back