Growlers - best places to buy them

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypes

It is, a nice!
Reaction score
Looking for a good quality growler, have a preference for glass rather than some aluminium ones I have seen.

BeerCartel have them for $55 but I am looking for a growler, not a second mortgage.

Finance minister has approved the budget in the range of $0-$35

www.brewnutbrewing.com/bar/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

Sydney Wine Merchants in Terry Hills have a new growler fill bar. Growlers cost $12 although I have no idea of the quality

Hi Fellas,

Only jumping in here cause its a swingtop type bottle,

Last night grabbed some Grolsh swingtops the 450ml green ones,

1st Q are these going to be any good fro bottling?
2nd Q if so whats the prime amount for 450 ml i was thinking about 6g of sugar? or 1 and a 1/2 drops?

Thanks for your help !@! :)

yep grolsch bottles are great for bottling, you can replace the seals and cages if they become worn

I would bulk prime, then you can have any size or shaped bottle with the correct dose of sugar

thats probably the easiest way

Prime Bulk,

as in like a syryp so it dissolves into the beer? I will have to work out the amount per litre,

last thing I want to do is blow up my bottles :)

yes as in a syrup

mix your dextrose (or sugar of choice) into about 500mls of water - boil for 15 mins then put into a bottling bucket or another fermenter and rack the beer on top of it - leave for 30 mins, give a gentle stir and then bottle

do a google search for carbonation calcs or you can use the site one here - http://webspace.webring.com/people/ms/sirleslie/AlcoholChart/PrimingCalculator.html

I just use a rule of thumb, pretty much 160gms of dex per 21-23 litres of beer, never had a problem

Good thing about swingtop bottles is that if you did overcarbonate you can easily release some excess gas and re-seal

Josho said:
Hi Fellas,

Only jumping in here cause its a swingtop type bottle,

Last night grabbed some Grolsh swingtops the 450ml green ones,

1st Q are these going to be any good fro bottling?
2nd Q if so whats the prime amount for 450 ml i was thinking about 6g of sugar? or 1 and a 1/2 drops?

Thanks for your help !@! :)
I use a single carb drop and to me that's the perfect amount

sp0rk.

Yeah i was wondering if just one would do as the carbo drops tend to allow for a little variance in bottle sizes,

that way its also a bit safer being in glass,

Thanks for your help dudes, i will be swingin by the tip ave a good look laters on they are just too good to pass up,

Better still, I make up the sugar syrup solution and then dose each bottle with 10ml from a syringe.

Saves racking at all.

you know what i love about brewing is that all of you guys with all of your years of experience all do things a little differently and that all the methods would work perfectly,

The syringe will be what i turn to after i exhaust my brew drops I would say, only would have to sterilise the syring each time,

Old topic but worth dredging up since it appears brewnut no longer sell growlers.

Where to get these in bulk now?

I'm looking for at least 10.

I was given a keg king stainless steel one not long ago, it's 2 liters with a swing top. I'm not sure on the price tho as it was a gift.

Keg King growlers are about $30 each. Look nice and shiney though.

Spork found this Growler bulk buy on Massdrop a little while back. I got one delivered for about $35. Not the cheapest option but delivery dropped the more you bought. Not sure whether you could get another buy started or maybe source elsewhere. Lifeline was the brand I think.

There's been 20 people request the buy since the last one closed
I think if you get about 50 or so, they'll usually open up a new one

Latest posts

Back