Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, they can be a pain in the arse. We're just so small time for them I guess.

idzy if you want another 100, I'll change my order to 300 and you can have the extra 100, 400 is probably a bit ambitious for me anyway!

carniebrew said:
Group hug?

Saw enough of men hugging each other to last me a lifetime watching the cricket yesterday.

Whatever happened to a good handshake?

I got my plasdene order delivered yesterday, if anyone is still interested the 30l fermenters fit about 2/3rd of a bag of grain in them, so initially i will need two for each full sack. I bought ten so between those and my other large contanianers that hold from 60-90l i will be right now for all my specialty malts.
The eight extra cubes will come in handy too.

edit; they stack up to 3 high and are easy to handle too.

Ok everyone, I'm out of this bulk buy now, I have been offered a heap of longnecks so I'll have no need to buy new bottles. Sorry if it causes any major hassles but everything is up in the air regarding this bulk buy and no money has changed hands yet, so I'm withdrawing my interest.

No worries jazzad1, I will update your entry :)

carniebrew: 200
Tex083: 100
Mardoo: 400
Prince Imperial: 100
Idzy: 300
Woostyle: 100
Franks: 200
Total: 1400/1800

maldridge: 100
Total: 1500/1800

:)

maldridge said:
Total: 1500/1800

:)
Apologies about that maldridge.

Hi Lads,

Apologies for dropping the radar - work/life got a tad hectic
I have read over the thread - bottles look good and am I correct in that you are 300 short of a pallet order?
If so I am in for 300 bottles

I am in pascoevale and happy to help in any way re pick up etc

Does anyone have access to milk crates? I currently use them as they fit 20 500ml bottles nicely

We'd need 90 crates at that rate! It would send the milk distribution industry in Melbourne into a tail-spin. Mardoo said he can come up with some cardboard wine boxes that will suit our purpose for now.

Updated tally - we are at capacity again, Gentlemen.

New-Guy: 300
Total: 1800/1800

Our man Mardoo is going to start collecting suitably-sized wine boxes to split the pallet into. When he's close to having enough, he'll let me know and I'll order the pallet (1-2 week lead time from Plasdene), and have it delivered (free) to Mardoo's workplace in Richmond, where the Lord o' the Warehouse will have been suitably paid off in megaswill. Then whoever can join us will come along to assist in the pallet split, where we'll consume each other's homebrew while breaking the pallet down into said boxes.

If any of the guys on the list below can't join us for the split, they will have organised for one of us to collect their share and take it home, and will organise pick up (with the usual payment of a couple of bottles of their finest homebrew I'm sure) at a later date. If we're sober enough, we can maybe strap the empty pallet onto my Territory's roof-rack so I can return it to Plasdene at some stage. I assume we get money back for this, so I'll have to take that into account for the final price for everyone.

At some stage in that process you'll all pay me for your share, I hope! :-D

New-Guy: 300
Total: 1800/1800

Lastly, if this all works out perfectly I'll be farken stunned....It's been an ..interesting.. journey to date!

Nice work all. This is sounding good! Do we need to start a new thread and have it approved by austin, or is it okay to proceed like this?

Cheers,
Idzy

idzy said:
Nice work all. This is sounding good! Do we need to start a new thread and have it approved by austin, or is it okay to proceed like this?

Cheers,
Idzy
We're good to go, the official blessing of a bulk buy was back in the Dane days. Now there's the disclaimer at the top of the BB topic basically saying "Caveat Emptor".

OK guys, How does Feb 1 sound for the pickup date? Just checking so that Carnie can move ahead with the order from Plasdene.

Latest posts

Back