Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Carnibrew for organising the day, got some good prices on bottles.
Would be keen to be part of the next one for the imported 500ml bottles!
Tex

Bugger, how did I miss this!

If anybody bought a shit tonne of 500ml bottles, I'd love to purchase a case or two off you! PM if so!! Happy to pay a bit extra for your troubles!

By 500mls do you mean the Hoegarden type bottles? We couldn't get any on the day as they are special order.
Keep your eyes peeled for a new group buy. The bottles looked heaps better in the shop than the website.

Yeah, Tex is right, a few guys walked away with 330ml and 640ml bottles, but no 500ml ones (the whole f&^cking reason I started this thread!). I believe Idzy is looking to buy an entire pallet of 500ml bottles at some stage, then doling them out to anyone wanting a share. Stay tuned....

Ah that's a shame, as I'm also specifically after the 500ml 'ale' bottles (I guess the hoegarrden ones?). Can't seem to find 500ml bottles at LHBS anymore.

I'll keep an eye out for a larger group buy for sure.

They had two types of 500ml in the catalogue at Plasdene, the 157 slender-neck version, and the more Hoegaarden like 158 style.

The 157 was significantly cheaper from what we saw, around 70c each vs I think nearly $1.20 for the 158 (they were small volume pack costs, not high volume pallet costs, which could be as much as 30% cheaper). I don't care about the shape enough to warrant the extra cost, so I'd be looking to get a heap of the 157 personally.

Yeh if there's that much of a price difference, I wouldn't be too fussed about the shape. I just think 500ml is a perfect size, and not particularly interested in going with a swing-top bottle.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to highlight the ones that I was looking at getting, to throw another option in the mix.

Lightweight European Style - 159

Quote from Plasdene correspondence: "1165 units per pallet and the cost is $927.49. Stock will be available from mid January 2014."

That makes them 79c per bottle. I am personally in favor of these for a little extra money, but understand if others aren't. Call me fancy :p

I spoke to Plasdene today and according to Katherine the 157 and 158 are a special order item and a pallet would need to be committed to and a special order made as they have no current stock orders on these items.

Based on numbers, I might start a bulk buy thread. Carniebrew, your thoughts?

Sorry I couldn't do buy last Weds. Life conspired. I'm in for about 200 bottles of either style. I'll keep an eye open for a BB thread.

I'd love to know max carb on the euro bottles. I didn't see it on their page, or am I a moron, or both? ;)

idzy said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to highlight the ones that I was looking at getting, to throw another option in the mix.

Lightweight European Style - 159

Quote from Plasdene correspondence: "1165 units per pallet and the cost is $927.49. Stock will be available from mid January 2014."

That makes them 79c per bottle. I am personally in favor of these for a little extra money, but understand if others aren't. Call me fancy :p

I spoke to Plasdene today and according to Katherine the 157 and 158 are a special order item and a pallet would need to be committed to and a special order made as they have no current stock orders on these items.

Based on numbers, I might start a bulk buy thread. Carniebrew, your thoughts?
I have just bought a pallet of 1235 of these bottles from Croxsons for $651.00, they have just announced that they are closing down in Australia and all stock reduced to clear so that may come down a bit further.

Mardoo said:
Sorry I couldn't do buy last Weds. Life conspired. I'm in for about 200 bottles of either style. I'll keep an eye open for a BB thread. I'd love to know max carb on the euro bottles. I didn't see it on their page, or am I a moron, or both? ;)
They are rated at a max of 3 bar.

Anyone know what 3 bar relates to in terms of vols of co2?

Idzy, Plasdene got back to me today with a quote on item AC-500-360-AM. For some reason this is not in their catalogue, but it was a slender style of 500ml bottle similar to the 157. Their price per pallet (1,800 bottles) is only 34c per bottle, which is pretty kick arse for a 500ml.

I've asked them to confirm availability, and price for smaller volumes of that bottle.

Remember too Idzy that the prices they quote are ex GST, so the 79c per bottle will really be 87c. The 34c per bottle for the 360 style is inclusive of GST. That's a big difference when you're buying 100's of 'em. None in stock of the 360 apparently, and no pack pricing. So min order is 1,800 of them, with lead time of 7-10 days.

At that price I'll take 200, and get rid of all my existing bottles. Who's in for the other 1,600?

I'm keen for 200, what are they like though? haha

Fair question, the Plasdene lady is trying to dig up a picture for me. But I think they were pretty similar to the 157 style.

carniebrew said:
Remember too Idzy that the prices they quote are ex GST, so the 79c per bottle will really be 87c. The 34c per bottle for the 360 style is inclusive of GST. That's a big difference when you're buying 100's of 'em. None in stock of the 360 apparently, and no pack pricing. So min order is 1,800 of them, with lead time of 7-10 days.

At that price I'll take 200, and get rid of all my existing bottles. Who's in for the other 1,600?
I'm in for 300, or whatever close variant based on however many per package, unless it's just a straight pallet pack.

BTW like your signature. Is that a take on Tom Waits? Seems familiar.

Back