Grolsch Bottles (swing Top)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ODDBALL

Reaction score
I am having difficulty in finding Grolsch (Swing tops) for sale in my area (Ipswich) does anyone know who distributes them in Queensland and how much I should be paying per bottle?

I am currently paying $5.35 per bottle...487ML or something like that. Still that is a lot of bottles to take 23L of wort. :unsure:

I have 160 Grolsh bottles they are my favourite size and really classy .

In Sydney they cost between a $1.00 $1.50 each

Pumpy

Best bottles around for homebrewers. I would probably have not even started brewing if it wasn't for these bottles. I really cant be stuffed with cappers etc.

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
Best bottles around for homebrewers. I would probably have not even started brewing if it wasn't for these bottles. I really cant be stuffed with cappers etc.

cheers
johnno
[post="57359"][/post]​
I called into the local bottlo today and asked what deal they coluld do me on some Grolsch. Bearing in mind they charge $5.35 each or 2 bottles for $10 they said they would order me a crate (that is 24 473Ml flip top bottles) for $77...Not bad if I do say so myself. Anyone know of a better price than that?

i have bought a few cartons of Grolsch and all were around $80.
so $77 is great and remember that an empty bottle is worth $1 so you are really getting the carton for $53!!! (just in case you need a sale pitch for the missus!)

Wortgames said:
I like the way that 16 of them fit so neatly into a milk crate...
[post="57358"][/post]​

Where do you get the milk crates from?

:chug:

The Tipthey collect them for United Dairies Peter they keep them but take them a few bottles of homebrew and and they give you em free he!he! Pumpy

I meant just the plain old plastic milk crates that sit behind dimly lit milk bars late at night...

Maybe its a state thing, I know they are everywhere in VIC and NSW, not sure about the other 'freak' states...

Wortgames they are here in NSW too .

I see them hiding behind Woolworths!! but watch out they have cameras so dont forget too smile ;)

Pumpy

Servos usually have a good stash too. If you're lucky they'll be near the air - they sometimes get blown into the boot while you're pumping your tyres up...

I'd avoid the Woolies etc, the last thing you need is for some spotty nerd supervisor wannabe to decide he's going to try his hand at the $50 reward or whatever. Stick to the servos and milk bars, where the guys are just grateful you're not holding them up at gunpoint...

:ph34r:

Latest posts

Back