"greta" Brand Bottle Capper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Beer me up, Scotty!
Reaction score
Someone at work is selling an Italian Greta branded bottle capper for $15. It's the double-handled capper that I think came with a Coopers brewing kit. This looks like a good price, but I don't know if it is any good. I have always had the large lever-action capper, which did the job fine, but it got trashed in the flood, so I need a new capper. Anyone out there with an opinion on the Greta capper and its benefits/faults over the standard lever-action style?

Cheers - Snow

Someone at work is selling an Italian Greta branded bottle capper for $15. It's the double-handled capper that I think came with a Coopers brewing kit. This looks like a good price, but I don't know if it is any good. I have always had the large lever-action capper, which did the job fine, but it got trashed in the flood, so I need a new capper. Anyone out there with an opinion on the Greta capper and its benefits/faults over the standard lever-action style?

Cheers - Snow

I have one & find it ok, the magnet isn't particularly strong or good at holding the caps.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

I have never used that brand of capper, but my preference is definitely for the bench lever action as opposed to any other design.

Used to break necks off bottles regularly when using the other designs, haven't broken one since i got my bench capper.

I had a two handed coopers capper on once

It used to break bottle lips and necks

I upgraded to a bench capper

You should skip it

I have one of those two handers.....They are hopeless.
Get a Bench Capper....
I have a Superautomatica you can have for Postage ...
From Nowra to Kenmore???
Cheers
PJ

Thanks guys - great feedback.

Poppa Joe, I have sent you a PM.

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back