Greetings!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koops23

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers! I'm Koops, a new member to this forum, but a relatively experienced home brewer (on-and-off 20+ years). Love European beers, especially of the Belgian and German variety, and these are the predominant styles I like to brew. All-grain, but I like to bottle rather than keg. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums!
K

Hey Koops,
Good taste in beer and 20+ years experience,.there should be a way to fast track your forum status. Ive been bottling for ages too, just bought a kegerator and pressure fermenter. Knocked out an all grain aussie pale using ekuanot and mosaic. Tried to give it a biscuit backbone, hit the mark on that, but wasn't expecting the faint honey flavour too. Suppose that's munich for you.
Anyway, enjoy, there are a bunch of good guys here.
Morgz.

Hey Koops,
Good taste in beer and 20+ years experience,.there should be a way to fast track your forum status. Ive been bottling for ages too, just bought a kegerator and pressure fermenter. Knocked out an all grain aussie pale using ekuanot and mosaic. Tried to give it a biscuit backbone, hit the mark on that, but wasn't expecting the faint honey flavour too. Suppose that's munich for you.
Anyway, enjoy, there are a bunch of good guys here.
Morgz.
Thanks Morgz! ;-) I'll be interested to hear how you go with the pressure fermenter...

Thanks Morgz! ;-) I'll be interested to hear how you go with the pressure fermenter...
Alright koops,
Here is my experience so far with pressure ferment.
First brew was what I thought was going to be an Aussie pale, ended up tasting much more like an American pale. The fresh hop flavour and aroma is out of this world. I've never experienced grapefruit until now. The beer has never seen oxygen. I did an enclosed transfer using the pressure that was built up from ferment to put into keg, plus, it was already mostly carbonated, I didn't cold crash. Also used co2 from ferment to purge keg during ferment.

2nd is meant to be an east coast IPA, tastes more like an NEIPA, but clear with gentle haze like typical east/ west coast. Again, c02 keg purge and oxygen free transfer. This time I cold crashed and let it settle for 3 days, it was fully carbonated this time and almost ready to drink. However, there were a few c02 pockets sitting under yeast/ hop layer, when starting to pressure ferment, it made beer very hazy. Overnight with some gelatine sorted that out, again, oxygen free transfer using pet bottle. Pressure ferment has really upped my hoppy styles to a new level. However, it really mutes the ale profile, even at 10psi. Im going to try a flavour forward yeast next but only at low psi, maybe 2 so it doesn't drive off yeast character.
I'm happy with purchase.

Latest posts

Back