Greetings from Yorke Peninsula

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender70

Reaction score
Been brewing basic Coopers & Morgans kits for a while now, hoping to get some ideas and tips to get more from extract brewing. Would like to go down the all grain path eventually when time and money permit.

Welcome.

Yorke Peninsula? - that's where Coopers get their barley from isn't it?

I remembered reading about Coopers getting heavily committed to Yorke Peninsula a few years ago, so I went digging and found this Coopers media release from 2019:

Strong Global Demand for Malt From ‘Cool’ SA Barley
6 Dec 2019
Malt from premium barley grown in coastal areas of South Australia influenced by cooling sea breezes is attracting strong demand from international and local craft breweries.
Coopers Brewery’s Malting Manager, Dr Doug Stewart said that Coopers was receiving increasing orders from international customers for malt sourced from barley grown in South Australia’s Gulf Region, an area including Kangaroo Island, the Yorke Peninsula, Barossa Valley and parts of the mid-north.
Dr Stewart said many customers were attracted to barley grown in the Gulf Region because of the influence of sea breezes which is understood to impart beneficial qualities in the malt.

(continued at: Strong Global Demand for Malt From ‘Cool’ SA Barley )

Apparently the brewery has also opened a bar on the beach at Wallaroo. It’s called Coopers Alehouse: Coopers Alehouse Wallaroo - Functions & Dining . Quite a swish place by the looks of it.

It's a nice part of the world with all the big King George Whiting and crayfish (but not so much for the White Pointers).

I remembered reading about Coopers getting heavily committed to Yorke Peninsula a few years ago, so I went digging and found this Coopers media release from 2019:

Strong Global Demand for Malt From ‘Cool’ SA Barley
6 Dec 2019
Malt from premium barley grown in coastal areas of South Australia influenced by cooling sea breezes is attracting strong demand from international and local craft breweries.
Coopers Brewery’s Malting Manager, Dr Doug Stewart said that Coopers was receiving increasing orders from international customers for malt sourced from barley grown in South Australia’s Gulf Region, an area including Kangaroo Island, the Yorke Peninsula, Barossa Valley and parts of the mid-north.
Dr Stewart said many customers were attracted to barley grown in the Gulf Region because of the influence of sea breezes which is understood to impart beneficial qualities in the malt.

(continued at: Strong Global Demand for Malt From ‘Cool’ SA Barley )

Apparently the brewery has also opened a bar on the beach at Wallaroo. It’s called Coopers Alehouse: Coopers Alehouse Wallaroo - Functions & Dining . Quite a swish place by the looks of it.

It's a nice part of the world with all the big King George Whiting and crayfish (but not so much for the White Pointers).
I wasn't aware it was that big, thanks @Feldon

Back