Greetings from The Netherlands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henriette

Reaction score
First of all thank you for this site with lots and lots of useful information.
I've been reading for days now on this site and I have many more to read.
It's hard for me not to wander off to all the other delightful recipes because my first real project will be a ginger beer from scratch.

At the time I make soft drinks from a ginger bug and I'm familiar with water kefir and milk kefir.
I also canned fruit and veggies from my own garden in the past (feel very sorry now I sold my digital canning kettle in which I could make beer too).

What I especially like on this site is that the recipes are all in metric system.
I make lots of American recipes (I also love to cook) but it takes a lot of time to recalculate the cups, lbs, and ounces.

So its time now for me to take my hobby a step further and I think I'm ready to make my own ginger beer from scratch this weekend except for a few questions I have due to translation problems.
Most things like names of equipment or ingredients I didn't understand I Googled by images but some things like abbreviations used here are not quite clear to me. I will start a new post on that.

So thank you for letting me be a member on this site and my apologies in advance for spell or grammar errors although I'm using Chrome spell check in English :)

Greetings Henriette, keen on gardeing myself I have often thought about making a ginger beer and adding rhubarb, I grow plenty of that and the ginger, could make an interesting drink.

Greetings Henriette, keen on gardeing myself I have often thought about making a ginger beer and adding rhubarb, I grow plenty of that and the ginger, could make an interesting drink.

Thank you. I don't have rhubarb in my garden but I do have the space for it so maybe I will try to grow it. For now I can buy rhubarb so maybe I will try this combination when my first GB turns out right. :)

Latest posts

Back