Green and enthusiastic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamCanada

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is William. I am yet to make my first batch from scratch. I have made one before so I’m not completely inapt. Also I’ve done quite a bit of research but I am having some trouble finding some information. I’m wondering if there is a chart or some thing that can tell me how *much fermentable sugar is in different types of foods, e.g. potatoes, rice, sugar. * what substance produces more ethanol and less of the “heads and tails “ or what produces what. *Also does fermentation time have a factor on what type of alcohol is being produce?
I really appreciate all of your help, thanks a lot from Canada!

Hello everyone, my name is William. I am yet to make my first batch from scratch. I have made wine before so I’m not completely green. Also I’ve done quite a bit of research but I am having some trouble finding some information. I’m wondering if there is a chart or some thing that can tell me how *much fermentable sugar is in different types of foods, e.g. potatoes, rice, sugar. * what substance produces more ethanol and less of the “heads and tails “ or what produces what. *Also does fermentation time have a factor on what type of alcohol is being produce?
I really appreciate all of your help, thanks a lot from Canada!

Hi @WilliamCanada

Welcome to AHB.

Just a heads up....As distilling is illegal in Australia we don't allow discussion relating to distilling on AHB. Although your post doesn't mention it specifically it - I assume from the general gist of it and the references to "heads and tails" that you are looking for distilling advice. I'd suggest hunting for a distilling specific forum

If your interested in beer, cider, mead etc brewing please stick around and enjoy AHB

GrumpyPaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back