Great Ocean Road breweries?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borneogoat

Reaction score
Not sure this is the right sub-forum, but there isn't a Where To Get Pissed sub-forum! I heading over to the Mornington Peninsula, VIC for a family wedding. As a Tasmanian, I hear you guys only have one head per body and I'm excited to see this....

After the wedding we're going to meander the Great Ocean Road area. No real plan, just relax away from work and family. Are there any places you wanna recommend to drink drink local beer, wine, or whisky? Breweries & distilleries especially. Maybe gorge ourselves on cheese, seafood, or whatever else tastes great locally? I don't wanna come back from holiday too skinny, that's a waste, so all ideas welcome.

Quite a few breweries to explore around the Mornington Peninsula region while you are there.
Don't know of too many down the GOR area. There's Prickly Moses and Forrest Brewing that I know of. Looks like the pub in Apollo Bay is now some sort of brewhouse and prob worth a squizz.
Must admit, while I haven't dropped into the above micros, I was disappointed with the Forrest beers I've tried. I don't mind some of the Prickly Moses beers though.

Also in the area are Little Creatures in Geelong and Bellarine Estate at Bellarine (are they still brewing?)

There's also Flying Horse down near Warrnambool.

There is a few places around to check out along the great ocean road:

Geelong: little creatures and white rabbit barrel hall
Geelong: cockies brewery
Mt Duneed: odyssey tavern and brewery
Torquay: blackmans brewery
Aireys inlet: rogue wave brewing company
Apollo bay: great ocean Rd brewhouse
Forrest: Forrest brewing (if you like to mountainbike hire a bike here and hit up some amazing trails)
Barongarook: prickly Moses
Timboon: timboon distillery

Great info. Heading to G-Town in a few weeks to visit the family and will be checking out the brewery scene for sure.

Nice input We5ty. If I had to choose from only one of those options to visit it'd be Blackmans. Fell in love with their IPA and GA. Reginald and Ernie? I almost ate the cans.

The angry reg is something special if you can get it... it's pretty easy to "just pop out and take the dog for a walk" and end up at blackmans!

P!N20 said:
Also in the area are Little Creatures in Geelong and Bellarine Estate at Bellarine (are they still brewing?)

There's also Flying Horse down near Warrnambool.
Didn't Flying Horse close down ?

Prickly Moses looks to be attached to a vineyard, so that will be helpful for the missus! Got some time in the Mornington area too.

Blackmans is great. And Lc and White rabbit barrel room is definitely worth a visit

Latest posts

Back