Grand Ridge Moonshine & Supershine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_bjc

Reaction score
Hello,

I have got the Grand Ridge Mixed 6 Pack

but was wondering where I could buy the Grand Ridge Moonshine and Supershine in bottles?

I live in Suburban Western Sydney (near Parramatta)... so if I'm lucky enough to have a store near by which stocks it that would be even better!

And if anyone has tried these beers .... how were they???

Cheers!

I've had 3 different Grand Ridge beers and all have been infected beyond belief (and I'm not alone here). I've heard good things about them though... if you manage to find a good one!

I've had 3 different Grand Ridge beers and all have been infected beyond belief (and I'm not alone here). I've heard good things about them though... if you manage to find a good one!

Yeah I heard some bad reviews of them here... but mine were fine.

I had the Stout, Dark ale and Blonde... all tasted great!!!

second what has been said. they seem to be very hit and miss with their beers. ive had 2 6 pack one was fine the second was infected.

have people been reporting it to the brewery and the shop they bought it from. I know these things happen from time to time but it sounds like its often.... you would think that the brewery would do something about it. A company wouldn't dare stock bad food on the shelves repeatedly. It seems common practice to find infected beer from some of the most awarded or well known micro breweries in Australia.

I would ask the brewery for a replacement and if that fails take the remaining beer or reciept to the shop and ask for a refund.

When I was living on the Mornington Peninsula I used to frequent South Gippsland quite often just for a good 'ol Sunday drive.
I stumbled across Grand Ridge brewery totally by mistake.
Drove through Leongatha along the Strez Hwy and came across a pub in Mirboo and thought, hmm, might stop here for a quick beer before the trip home.
I went into the pub and low and behold to my right was a huge glass window that displayed the lower floor, The Grand Ridge Brewery.
Well to this day I am pretty sure that's what it was considering I took home 6 of their beers, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I have been buying Grand Ridge brewskies for at least 5-6 years now as a fridge filler and I have not had one single bottle to complain about.

PS. When do we class a brewery as "commercial"? Is it as soon as we make a business of it? Just curious...

I've also had an infected mixed 6 pack, a few years ago though.
Last year got another for Christmas and they were all very nice.

I particulary like the Gippsland Gold.

Grand Ridge Moonshine and Supershine are great I've got the Moonshine at Dans and Platinum Cellars has the Supershine, excellent for a chilly night
Moonshine is a strong scotch ale and the supershine more like barley wine

PS. When do we class a brewery as "commercial"? Is it as soon as we make a business of it? Just curious...

When they engage in commerce. It's not a derogatory term - my experiences with Grand Ridge beers (haven't had one for a while) have all been good.

Yeah, the guys there get a bad rap. From what I gather some staff turnover on the brew floor has affected quality levels but I haven't noticed it myself. Mind you don't buy their beer regularly.

Quite like what they produce. The hatlifter stout gets the thumbs up from me.

Hopper.

I used to drink it all the time and have never expirienced an infected bottle. These days I'd probably go through less than a carton a year.

I just bought 3 slabs of grand ridge beers last weekend (they had a special on at my closest dan murphy's with free glasses, and I got a bit carried away)... no problems with any bottles so far, but the cases may have been fresh from the brewery as there was a woman from the brewery doing instore tastings etc.

I think the key with their beers is to have them fresh - the first few times I tried their beers I wasn't overly impressed, but I think it's because they'd been sitting on the bottle shop shelf too long

I recently discovered Grand Ridge, was staying in a town in gippsland and the local had VB, Carlton draught and hahn light on tap as well as gippsland gold.
The gold was a real treat in comparison, though I am no expert. Being only an hour or less from the brewery (mirboo nth i think) I would assume the beer I was drinking would be pretty fresh.
Most of the locals were drinking VB or carlton :(

3 out of 3? Exaggerated for mine blaming the brewery. Define infection "beyond belief"? Wasnt skunked or oxidised but infected?

Its great beer and a real icon down here at Gippsland! Sure there are better but, Gold, Hatlifter, walks off the shelves.

Man, that must be a terrible infection

You couldnt help feeling the odd man out drinking infected Victorian beer, wearing a scabby green polo shirt where once there was a logo.

3 out of 3? Exaggerated for mine blaming the brewery. Define infection "beyond belief"? Wasnt skunked or oxidised but infected?

Its great beer and a real icon down here at Gippsland! Sure there are better but, Gold, Hatlifter, walks off the shelves.

All three were like licking a horse's back on a summers day. This was (I should have put this in the post) at least 12-18 months ago though.

You couldnt help feeling the odd man out drinking infected Victorian beer, wearing a scabby green polo shirt where once there was a logo.

Oh burn! I suppose that I live in South Australia, and haven't drank Victorian beer for at least a year makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

All three were like licking a horse's back on a summers day. This was (I should have put this in the post) at least 12-18 months ago though.

I still dont get "your" definition of infection. Horses back on a summers day? means nothing. When people shitcan micro breweries why cant they do it in a manner that would be constructive. I am guessing Adam`s infected beer is either mind over matter, extremely unlucky or he just heard some bad things on AHB.

Latest posts

Back