Grand Ridge Bitter, No Fizz, What The?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
Grab a bottle out today, from a 6 variety pack I bought myself for christmas,
anyway bottle looks like a twist top so I grab the lid and twist, lid turns but doesnt come off, :blink: .
I grab an opener and crack the lid, its a crown seal, ok now Im concerned, why did the lid turn so easily,
I pour it into a glass and no head, practically no fizz--1 or 2 beads floating from bottom of glass and a mineral/vinegar note on the nose.
Tasting it seems to be ok, malty, bitter with hop coming through, but cant help but wonder what it should really be like,
Ive read reviews describing malty and grainy notes on the nose, good carbonation and a decent head, I assume that the bottle has oxidised from
the lid being loose,
what experience have others had with this beer/brewery, if it was oxidised Id love to try one that wasnt, it was quite tasty as was.

EDIT: grammar, Ive had a few

Go out and get a single stubbie if available dude. Are you really that desperate just to post stuff on here? :lol:

Only have to type Grand Ridge into the Google search for a plethora of threads.

Just to add, same thing happened today with a bottle of Natural Blonde Wheat,

no head, no fizz...certainly not a one off.
Has anybody else purchased one a these 6 packs and had the same problem.
Maybe they were a way of offloading some shitty batches.

Anyway that said I hope this helps me thread count...Id be hoppy2B going out and getting a single botlle but the 6 pack is all thats available locally.

did you check the use/best by date and did you contact them..if you think the product is not up to standard let them
know

This is where u cant fault the megaswill breweroes, their QA is almosy faultless, wheras u hear aboit this from micros all the time.
let them.know and they might.refund.ur monwy or send u a replacment 6pack

checked the use by, no date on bottles.

I have shot off an email to the brewer, not looking for 6 packs just giving some feedback.

certainly wouldnt send 6 pack back though...

their other beers I have tried have been quite nice.

OT.

Grand Ridge`s Pils is they best I've tasted.
Most Pils give me an aluminium taste - same with some Lagers.

OT.

Grand Ridge`s Pils is they best I've tasted.
Most Pils give me an aluminium taste - same with some Lagers.

wow, the few times I've had it (bottle and tap), it was full of Diacytel and the bottle was over carbed.

12 yrs ago they used to be good now but mxd is right, butterscotch city. Hopefully with a bew head brewer who knows thete is an issue/fault and its not 'regional character', will set them back on track

why is it that so many people are quick to blame Dan Murphy's for what is clearly a brewery issue.

My crap batch came from the local IGA. Never had a bad beer from Dans..3 different shops.

Back