Grand Deluxe 125 GD125

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There no point of a pissing match between rivals. Lets stick to facts about the gear.

Still keen to see data about both the Grand Deluxe and the Super Deluxe in terms of noise levels. There have been a few threads over the years which make mention of it but I could only find 1 which have a dB reading for the Grand Deluxe of 50 dB at 2 meters. I understand these are commercial units but given the comments previous, keen to make up my own mind as to what is an acceptance for my use.

KL happy for you to supply your own data on your version of the GD 2 door.

There no point of a pissing match between rivals. Lets stick to facts about the gear.

Still keen to see data about both the Grand Deluxe and the Super Deluxe in terms of noise levels. There have been a few threads over the years which make mention of it but I could only find 1 which have a dB reading for the Grand Deluxe of 50 dB at 2 meters. I understand these are commercial units but given the comments previous, keen to make up my own mind as to what is an acceptance for my use.

KL happy for you to supply your own data on your version of the GD 2 door.

Well right now I need to wait for time when the warehouse or factory are a bit quieter then I will do the measurements. Right now too much happening to get quiet time. In the meantime I will see what figures the manufacturer can provide. As far as the pissing match is concerned I was given little choice but to present facts against fiction.

From kl "The compressor and fans are the same "
Hang on Reg, agreed he didn't need to mention KK but the rest of the post seems valid, ^ is #2 from ceo kk quite clearly stating different compressors, maybe when you check your mates you could report back as to who is telling porkies, and who is full of shiv!
As for 201 stainless yes it's rubbish near the coast, I'm not saying the SD is 201, but if it is then give me powder coated any day.
Grmblz - yes they are totally different products and what you can see from the posts before here should tell even someone as biased as you who is full of 'shiv' and telling porkies to use your own words.

"Easily reached" 🤣
As for biased, why ban someone from your thread for asking embarrassing questions or making a comment you don't like, it's your prerogative of course but it does seem you are a bit overly sensitive to anything that isn't RaRaRa KK is great, RaRaRa KK is fantastic, again your choice but if you don't like free speech why live in a democracy?

Sounds like KL thought the SD was just a stainless GD, could explain why they said the compressor was the same as well.
Good to know the SD is an improved version.
I don't think that is an excuse, just looking at the 2 pics shows how vastly different the 2 units are, Kee should have been able to tell that at a glance, he must see the GD everyday. But agree with you it is good to see the superior quality out there in the Super Delux.

"Easily reached" 🤣
As for biased, why ban someone from your thread for asking embarrassing questions or making a comment you don't like, it's your prerogative of course but it does seem you are a bit overly sensitive to anything that isn't RaRaRa KK is great, RaRaRa KK is fantastic, again your choice but if you don't like free speech why live in a democracy?
Grmblz - you forgot to address this:
"^ is #2 from ceo kk quite clearly stating different compressors, maybe when you check your mates you could report back as to who is telling porkies, and who is full of shiv!"

So pray do tell? who is telling porkies, and who is full of shiv! Your words not mine.

I have not banned you and would not even know how to do that.

Wish we could have real free speech but with the libel laws in this "democracy" that is a figment of your and others imagination. Me overly sensitive? How could I survive getting to hear from you daily if I was? But you do help create opportunities and so I am grateful and no way would ban you. Now have to go and help organise a bunch more fermenters for those in Europe who like not having to worry about user errors causing catastrophes but rather just brew happily.

Last edited:
Seems like this thread has changed focus a bit.

I am after the Grand Deluxe 125 specifically as it is only 1240mm long. The smaller out of those two from kegland is still 1495mm.

I am open to any suggestions of a two door keg fridge <1250mm. Have found this Bracton one, but cant find to much more information or reviews on it. Kegerators / Keg Fridge Range – Bracton

@Grmblz is a big boy and can speak for himself but I read that question as genuine rather than leading. He's been getting up KL in their thread about a few products lately as well so I wouldn't take it too personally ;)

@Grmblz is a big boy and can speak for himself but I read that question as genuine rather than leading. He's been getting up KL in their thread about a few products lately as well so I wouldn't take it too personally ;)
Which question is that? The one about who was telling porkies? Actually I like Grmblz because he is good value. Not sure about what he says on the KL thread as I have no great interest to go there. Anyway I would be happy to buy him a beer as I suspect once he got to know a bit more he would have a much different take on things. In the meantime I look forward to his posts.

Which question is that? The one about who was telling porkies? Actually I like Grmblz because he is good value. Not sure about what he says on the KL thread as I have no great interest to go there. Anyway I would be happy to buy him a beer as I suspect once he got to know a bit more he would have a much different take on things. In the meantime I look forward to his posts.
Yep

Well I have only seen my mates Super Delux only a couple of times but could see it was an entirely different unit. After reading CEO Keg King response, I imagine someone is still wiping egg off his face.

This is a post of mine from the fermentasaurus thread 19/01/20 "For some odd reason the float tubing supplied by both teams is rubbish, too thin walled and seems to split after a just a couple of months, talk about spoiling the ship for a penny worth of tar. Source some quality silicon off ebay. KL saurus and KK FKJ both have the same tubing and both fail/split. "shakes head"
Biased? anyone can check my comments, and make their own decision about any bias I have, as for your own personal fan bois, and their bias! well let's not go down that path.
You're getting on (like me) keep yer head down, don't breath near other people, and stay safe. Sparring partners become rarer as we age.
Hello Grmblz - really want to address your comment on free speech? Are you aware that we were kept off this forum for two years whilst those who you really give a lot of credit to had open slather and slammed us wherever they could? Two years not because of anything we did. Where does that leave your support for free speech young fella? Where were the people clamouring for a fair go for us? Love to hear your take on that.

Grmblz I am not into RaRaRa but I am into leading a bunch of good people who are doing some good stuff for homebrewers and manufacturing right here in Australia. We have half a dozen engineers who have worked hard to come up with products that help brewers all over the world and they do it in Melbourne and not in China. Yes we get some parts and products made in China because if we did not then we could not compete with those who do and people like you would never be able to afford anything. However our design and our PET fermenter manufacture is done right here and it keeps getting bigger and better. I welcome the current ideas of Australia doing more manufacturing again. Sadly our country has let it go so much that it will be hard. All the tool makers seem to be in their seventies or more and there is nowhere in the land where the young kids can learn. At least we do our bit by doing development and manufacturing which means skills are developed and used. Most of the team actually brew so they know where the problems are and love to solve them.

In regard to the porkies I don't think you needed Reg to come back. You can see that they were talking bullshit and had no idea what a super deluxe Kegerator actually was. They are a lot better value than the GDs I assure you although on checking I had found one bit of misinformation from my end. The interior of the SD is 304 and the exterior is 430. I think you would be happy with the quality of that steel. The GDs were always arriving with scratches from the factory and I had a lot of annoyance with that. Your friends put on their web site a statement about them being commercial and so some scratches and higher noise was part of the deal. For me that was not what I wanted to do and so we looked for something better but still at a reasonable price. The SD units come in a purpose built wooden crate and the castors are already attached. With the bigger GD units it was quite an effort for the user to fit the castors and involved heavy lifting.

Pity you are in Sydney and don't have the chance to pop by here. I have a feeling you might end up like many others once you found out a bit more and become part of a great bunch of friends here. As I said I have not banned you but I will ask questions to see if for some reason you do not have those privileges. I do know the administrator went through with a firehose some time ago and made sure that KL and associated accounts could not come on ours and the same in the other direction. I don't even bother to go there as I strive ever more to our own thing and not join races to the bottom. This has really given us a much better position in the market place and we are enjoying the wonderful response from our valued clients.

As I said I would be happy to buy you a beer and maybe I will get the chance once this virus thing relaxes its grip on the country. What do you reckon?

deleted post was quoted here.

Stop fooling yourselves and trying to fool your audience here. It does not come from the same factory. It is not a Xing Xing product. Have you got that now? I think customers have understood already as to what a different product the Super Deluxe is. They are not so stupid to think a stainless GD is the same as an SD.

It is not made in Southern China. It is not made with 201 Steel. Its interior is 304 and its exterior is 430.

You have not purchased this model before as it was not available for you to purchase. It is sold exclusively by Keg King.
Unlike the Xing Xing product which comes on a skid with cardboard box over it this comes in a wooden crate. It also comes with the wheels installed and ready to go unlike the GD units which are a pain to fit wheels to. It does not come with scratches. It will work to much higher temperatures and it really looks the goods because it is.

As far as your youtube channel is concerned just go look at some of your old posts where you put up stuff about items that did not come from us but you attributed them to us to fool people into thinking we sold bad things. You have form.

If you want to try one then just buy one and you will not be disappointed by its performance. Thank you for the opportunity to once again point out the difference so those interested to buy are better equipped to make their decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It comes from the same factory and uses the same components. Seeing as you seem so confident it will not rust please let us know how we can purchase or get hold of a side panel from you and we will do a salt test and publish the results on our youtube channel We will do a time lapse video and the results will speak for themselves. We have purchased this model before so we know this issue. We also know the sound is the same so I don't know why you keep alluding to the fact that it's quieter when it's not.
I think you had better pull your head in Kee, after making false accusations I can see a libel case coming up. Had a look at my mates Super Deluxe today, two entirely different fridges.
Can't tell about the noise difference but definitely a huge difference in the build and quality in the Super Deluxe favour.
Take CEO Keg King up on his offer, buy one and see for yourself.

I think you had better pull your head in Kee, after making false accusations I can see a libel case coming up. Had a look at my mates Super Deluxe today, two entirely different fridges.
Can't tell about the noise difference but definitely a huge difference in the build and quality in the Super Deluxe favour.
Take CEO Keg King up on his offer, buy one and see for yourself.
Thanks for the report back Reg, hopefully an honest assessment by someone not employed by either side (I didn't say unbiased) gives prospective purchasers an idea of what to expect, and sadly (for me at least) shows who was telling porkies and full of shiv. I had expected better from KL.
Unfortunately none of bitchin and gripin helps Ballin, he needs something less than 1250mm wide, anyone with any ideas?

Thanks for the report back Reg, hopefully an honest assessment by someone not employed by either side (I didn't say unbiased) gives prospective purchasers an idea of what to expect, and sadly (for me at least) shows who was telling porkies and full of shiv. I had expected better from KL.
Unfortunately none of bitchin and gripin helps Ballin, he needs something less than 1250mm wide, anyone with any ideas?
You would not be the first one Grmblz who had their expectations dashed. If Ballin would like to message me I will look to see if I can help him with something.

Better construction makes them a bit quieter. I might grab the noise meter and do some comparisons when I get a moment. FYI they are all stainless steel inside and outside unlike the GDs.

Not wanting to restart any debates.....

Did you get a chance to do these tests. I am very keen to hear back before I buy.

Nick

Back