Grainpotential Sg And Promash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge

Reaction score
Guys,
in the past i have used the figures in promash as bible for the potential each grains has. I have started trying to find some data such that i can customise my recipes.

Im interested in getting a consistent efficiency again, whilst i dont really care if this 30% or 100% i reackon without the right info plugged into promash i may get in trouble.

Can some one tell me where i can get info from for grain especially Joe White Malt ... etc.

I have notice that some websites mention' Extract fine grind dry basis %' can anyone explain an easy way to calculate from this?

Malt batches all come with a specification sheet, containing most, if not all, the figures you need to enter against a grain in your brewing software. The place you purchase your grain from will have access to those spec sheets. They may not appreciate it if you ask for the specs for the 60g of Black Patent you bought, but buy in any sort of size (especially, say, a 25kg sack) and it is reasonable to expect the spec sheet be provided.

Edit: Of course Joe White will also have some general specs for their malts, maybe contact them.

Back