Grainfather Graincoat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldspace

Reaction score
As the title says,
Anyone use one?
What do you think of it, quality? Does it help with boil etc?

Are they easy to put on and remove for cleaning etc?

I was thinking of getting one for winter use especially.

Cheers

Are they Velcro ? Or do they slip over

Is the quality worth it as well?

It's Velcro, the coat needs another centimetre or two to make it easier to put on. Other than that the quality is good. It's just never coming off again!

I have one. Wasn't hard to put on so I must have got lucky. I definitely noticed a difference with reduced ramp times and boil vigour. Definitely worth the investment in my opinion

HoppinMad said:
I have one. Wasn't hard to put on so I must have got lucky. I definitely noticed a difference with reduced ramp times and boil vigour. Definitely worth the investment in my opinion
Hopefully they have fixed the size issue. I was an early adopter. I should've known better than to get the first release of anything.

GalBrew said:
Hopefully they have fixed the size issue. I was an early adopter. I should've known better than to get the first release of anything.
Looks like there could be an older and newer model coat out there. I'll call both suppliers tomm, one has it advertised with 7mm thickness and another supplier has it advertised as 11mm.

I'll report back my findings

Ok, I've contacted the 2 suppliers, the one advertising the 11 mm thickness said they have the 7mm one in now and so will be updating their website.
The other said its 7mm and they have been getting them in from gf company of that size.

So it appears that they possibly used to have 11 mm thickness , this prob made it a pain to put on, so they reduced thickness . Just my ussumptions...

I ordered 2 today.

Cheers

GalBrew said:
Don't be like that mate ;)
PM me your details and I'll have the fix to you. We had a batch that got manufactured slightly smaller.

wambesi said:
Don't be like that mate ;)
PM me your details and I'll have the fix to you. We had a batch that got manufactured slightly smaller.
Hey mate,

So is the thickness still the same ? 7mm

Back