Grainbrothers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHB

Reaction score
Grainbrother units are in store now.

http://nationalhomebrew.com.au/beer/brewing-equipment-pots-and-hardware/grainbrother-brewing-system

Upgrade Kits for early adopters will arrive at the same time. $100 gets the entire update kit. Will email out in the morning to all those who have enquired previously about these.

The Upgrade Kits include the new pipework and QD fittings, ball valve and wort return arm etc. There is also a free upgrade kit included with these which includes free seals, new boot system for the pump connections and the grain blocker/blank for the wort overflow pipe which is used for mash in.

305076809.jpg

Located HERE

Pump Filter Kits with the new style (as being issued with current models) is a separate buy at $29.95

305136307.jpg

Located HERE

Martin

Martin, do the upgrade kits include the new design pump filter?

From what I can see you would need the upgrade kit to use a grain either with a 1st gen gf, is this correct martin?

Bomber Watson said:
From what I can see you would need the upgrade kit to use a grain either with a 1st gen gf, is this correct martin?
^Mate, doesn't matter how I look at that Bomber, I feel like I've had a stroke and lost my grasp of English - :blink:

I'll try to translate:

"From what I can see you would need to get the upgrade kit for the first generation grainfather to enable you to use a grainbrother, is this correct Martin?"

crowmanz said:
I'll try to translate:

"From what I can see you would need to get the upgrade kit for the first generation grainfather to enable you to use a grainbrother, is this correct Martin?"
Actually no, it's the other way around. The Grainbrother (bless it's cotton socks and whoever boxed them up) has the original fittings......so if you're going to do 1 upgrade, then you'll probably want to do 2 upgrades

OR

If you have the latest version Grainfather, then you'll want to do the upgrade on the Grainbrother.

I think i'll just go and have a beer.

Back