Grain To Brain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr K

Reaction score
"Grain to Brain" is an expression I often see about the place, it is indeed a brilliant expression and deserves its place in the brewer's lexicon.
The earliest recorded reference that I can find is in a post by Lindsay Dive on another forum, dating back to 2002.
Some people say it goes back to the movie "The Wizard of Oz"..but you have to ask Dorothy about that.

K

"Grain to Brain" is an expression I often see about the place, it is indeed a brilliant expression and deserves its place in the brewer's lexicon.
The earliest recorded reference that I can find is in a post by Lindsay Dive on another forum, dating back to 2002.
Some people say it goes back to the movie "The Wizard of Oz"..but you have to ask Dorothy about that.

K
Ummmmmm, knowing both you and Lindsay, I am not sure we will get to the origin of this one. Maybe we ask the guy in the tin suit.....

Wes

Sounds like a BUNFIGHT for recogniton :eek:

What about: "From tin to grin" for the Cordial Commanders? :D

Or maybe... I've run out of ideas.... :p

So Dr K, speaking of this subject, what is the average 'Grain to Brain' turnaround in the Shallow Throat Brewery?

It's a phrase taken from the seppos (like so many of our less intelligent additions to our slowly degrading lexicon)

I personally prefer "Tun to toilet" (from the Wig&Pen I think)

as i have my grain delivered i prefer ''car to bar''.....

sorry about that :p

Most of my beers are normally drunk young but the fastest was a smoked english mild I did for a club competition, mashed Thursday night at 1:036 OG and packet of US05 thrown in. Siphoned 2 litres out of the fermenter into a PET bottle on Sunday at 1:016 then by monday it had flocced out and self carbonated slightly and was very carefully poured and served as "Real Ale" on Monday :eek:

It's a phrase taken from the seppos (like so many of our less intelligent additions to our slowly degrading lexicon)
Blood oath cobber your Fair dinkum on the money with that one...!!!!

I'm just reviving this as I am seeking the good Dr K's information on his preferred fermentation Profile ...

/// said:
I'm just reviving this as I am seeking the good Dr K's information on his preferred fermentation Profile ...
[SIZE=medium]Why so, are you having trouble keeping up with demand, not turning beers out fast enough at the brewery?[/SIZE] :p

Latest posts

Back