Grain Supply - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopperz

Reaction score
Ive just Moved to Brisbane/Gold Coast Area and need to source out the best place to buy Grain.

Craftbrewer. at Capalaba

Some members of the Gold club may know sources in the GC

Craft Brewer or Hoppy Days (fastway delivery).

Quality Homebrew supplies at slacks creek. Awesome service and stock most grains and hops.

Hopperz said:
Hi All,

Ive just Moved to Brisbane/Gold Coast Area and need to source out the best place to buy Grain.

If any of you could offer some advice it would be really appreciated.

Thanks heaps.
Just helping out with how a first post usually goes....

Welcome mate, I'm not usually so grumpy

Craftbrewer have a milled / unmilled option, and a discount of a dollar a kilo for quantities over 5 kilos.

Handy if you want to try a malt such as Vienna for a brew but don't need a sack full.

And very handy if you don't yet have a mill.

If you live near Beenleigh mike's home brew always has grains on hand if your buying just to do a brew or 2 not so much for a stock pile.
Plus he is always there for tips and advice.

+1 for craftbrewer.

I buy grain as needed. They vacpack the milled and mixed grain and it sits there until I get a chance to brew. Perfect when life interrupts and brew day needs to be postponed.

Edit: great range of grain and I presume there's a high turnover so I reckon it's pretty fresh.

I have used Craftbrewer in capalaba, Hoppy days via delivery and Ibrew on the cold coast.
Have found all to be quite good.

Cheers
Mick

Lately I've been using hoppy days for bulk buys, and ordering from national homebrew for spec malts & yeast because they have the fastest delivery. on my door step in 1-2 days.

Hoppy Days. very convenient for me due to proximity however I would easily travel because of Steve's prices

Latest posts

Back