Grain Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys, I will get the handle and not worry about the drill at all. Easy as. A drill is too much for 5 kgs of grain... ha ha

Got a reply from Crankandstein via email today.

The 2A mill to Australia via Global Express will cost $50 to ship. That gives you insurance, and delivery in 3-5 days after shipment. Regular parcel post is only a couple of $$ less, but takes twice as long. If you step it up to any of our 3 roller models, it will cost $64 to get it there, using the same method. If you want to add a base or hopper, it will cost even more. We have a new dealer in Australia that should have mills in the next 4-5 weeks. Please contact Roy Ladhams in Bibra Lake, Western Australia at TWOC Brewing supplies, http://www.homebru.com.au/ He may be able to offer you a good price as well. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

~~fred francis

Hope this helps anyone thinking of buying a mill. :)

That's brilliant news!
Looks like I've be heading off to TWOC soon.

ODDBALL said:
Got a reply from Crankandstein via email today.
Please contact Roy Ladhams in Bibra Lake, Western Australia at TWOC Brewing supplies, http://www.homebru.com.au/ He may be able to offer you a good price as well.

Is Roy ladham's mailbox overflowing with requests for a Crankenstein mill??? :unsure: My mail to that address just bounced. :( Has anyone else had better luck??? :blink:

Just got my crankandstein 2A today, after 9 weeks of waiting (and another 2 weeks before that for him to build it). Worth it though, looks a very sturdy piece of kit. As said before, Fred is a pleasure to deal with.
,Voota

Is Roy ladham's mailbox overflowing with requests for a Crankenstein mill??? My mail to that address just bounced. Has anyone else had better luck???

His Web site is a bit out of date, he still has Ausbeer listed and that hasn't been published for at least 5 years :blink:

Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
Is Roy ladham's mailbox overflowing with requests for a Crankenstein mill??? My mail to that address just bounced. Has anyone else had better luck???

His Web site is a bit out of date, he still has Ausbeer listed and that hasn't been published for at least 5 years :blink:

Andrew
[post="67840"][/post]​

I gave up after my last post (above) & dealt with Fred at Crankenstien who as we all know, bends over backwards to help. Fred still seems (5 weeks ago anyway) to be taking orders from Oz even though he warned me that when the Australian dealer (Roy Ladham) got his shipment of Crankenstien mills all Australian orders would be directed to Roy.

:beer:

Really to get hold of Roy you have to ring him, and even then he only has one line so if he is doing an eftpos transaction you wont get through! But he usually checks the missed calls and quite often calls back if you havent got through.

Got my new Crankandstein from Fred the other day took 4 days. All up cost inc freight was $300 for the CGM-3E 3 roller. Just made my hopper and base for it.

Mill_10.jpg
Mill_14.jpg

Cheers
Wobbo

good work Wobbo - looks great...

God I hate you gifted buggers...

Wobbo said:
Got my new Crankandstein from Fred the other day took 4 days. All up cost inc freight was $300 for the CGM-3E 3 roller. Just made my hopper and base for it.

View attachment 3195
View attachment 3194

Cheers
Wobbo
[post="68266"][/post]​
That looks like a good design there mate, done yourself proud!

I ordered my Mill from Fred yesterday and got an email today confirming it will be sent first thing Monday morning (US time) it will take around a week to arrive and be ready for my AG debut in a few weeks.
I ordered the 2A because I think it will be plenty enough and the missus will have a fit if I spend anymore money on brewing gear this month. :rolleyes:

The hopper holds approx 5kg. The hopper plans that come with all the Crankandstein mills only hold about 1-2kg so I basically doubled the size.

Wobbo

Brizbrew said:
Wobbo said:

View attachment 3195
View attachment 3194

Cheers
Wobbo
[post="68266"][/post]​
That looks like a good design there mate, done yourself proud!

I ordered my Mill from Fred yesterday and got an email today confirming it will be sent first thing Monday morning (US time) it will take around a week to arrive and be ready for my AG debut in a few weeks.
I ordered the 2A because I think it will be plenty enough and the missus will have a fit if I spend anymore money on brewing gear this month. :rolleyes:
[post="68474"][/post]​

The 2A is a good mill, I have used one for the last 12 months and it works fine. I just got sick of running the grain through twice, once on a wide setting then once on a closer setting, with the 3 roller you just set and forget and run through once. Really only a pain when doing double batches ie. a 10kg grain bill. With a single batch it only takes about 10min to run it through twice.

Wobbo

Latest posts

Back