Grain Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
Im borrowing one of those grain mills that look like a meat mincer and looking at purchasing a mill. In Perth the mincer type is all I have found for sale but I heard the roller mill is better. Why? does it give the beer an improved flavour or increase mash efficiency I have noteced the roller mills are a fair bit more expensive. cheers
Jethro

G'day Jethro

Yep Its a mail order job from Perth for any other type of mill...
I've attached an article that documents some of the mills owned by the WestCoast Brewers here in Perth. (written by Trash-Mash-Al)

Hope this helps...
Asher for now

View attachment My_Mill_is_Better_than_Yours.pdf

Asher or anyone else; do you have the details on the wiper motor to motorise the mill ? I want to go down the track of motorising my Valley mill with a wiper motor, but don't know exactly what to look for in the wiper motor. Also then what type of power supply is required to drive it ? 12Volt DC obviously but how much current do they draw etc.

TIA,
Doc

Doc,

Dave from Goliath recently attached a wiper motor to his VM. I'm sure he could help you with your question.

Steve

Doc

The wiper motor came from a friend of his who is a mechanic. Its bolted to the wood using the original chasi mount and direct driven (shaft is just a bolt tack welded to motor shaft.

Any car wrecker should be able to get you one.
not sure on the power required, Al runs his from a car battery

I've got a 12 Volt motor for my mill - its fully portable, and has adjustable torque and speed...
It's called a Metabo cordless drill!! :p
On a more serious note, if anyone has a piccie of their motor mounted please post...
Cheers,
TL

Latest posts

Back