Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Sent them an email, and they said it wasn't possible to send to OZ.
Hmm thats very strange, maybe it was to do with my order and DHL messing us around. Perhaps they're thinking its not worthwhile if the same thing happens again and they mess up the shipment.

Cheers for the feedback. I'll send Braufox an email. I tried the german company, but they have told me they don't ship to Australia.

Possibly because of the introduction of gst on all imports?

Getting a good crush with my Keg King geared 3 roller mill, removed the safety grid, it prevented the grain from flowing through. Much better now and my fingers wouldn't fit through the bottom of the hopper any way, plus the gap is to small for the rollers to get purchase on fingers.
006.JPG

Buy once, buy good, Matt Mill, buy direct from Germany taking off the sales tax works out cheaper than buying from here. Do it now to avoid paying GST after 30 June.
Would have love the Matt Mill. Problem is they are not exporting from Germany at the minute because of COVID-19. Caleb Macquire from Braufox have none in stock. I was after the Matt Mill Kompact Comfort. Millmaster have just put their price up from $299 to $399. So I got one from Keg Keg 3 roller geared mill. Just waiting on it.

ive just been lookign over the thread for the matt mill you linked and I didnt realise i was looking at the australian distributor. is this where to purches from germany Hopfen und mehr - Hobbybrauerversand - Bier selber brauen?
This is the response I got from them. Also email Kraushaar-exports and they forward my email to Braufox. Who I had already been in contact with.
We do not ship to Australia. The company [www.kraushaar-exports.de]www.kraushaar-exports.de is your contact for MattMill products for export.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Monika Muranyi
- Geschäftsführerin / COO -

1589270679239.png

This is the response I got from Kraushaar-exports. Any good luck
Thank you for your interest in the MattMill products.

At this point of time we are only selling within Europe.

I put the Manufacturer Mr Hossfeld of MattMill in CC, from my understanding he has business established with a Australian reseller. I hope he can provide some advice how to get a MattMill Kompakt Komfort.

Best regards
Udo Kraushaar

Getting a good crush with my Keg King geared 3 roller mill, removed the safety grid, it prevented the grain from flowing through. Much better now and my fingers wouldn't fit through the bottom of the hopper any way, plus the gap is to small for the rollers to get purchase on fingers.
View attachment 118143
Thats look great crush . I am just waiting on mine. What size did you set your rollers ? Are you using a drill ? I look at the motor they sell, but I reckon that 180rpm is too fast. I have a 2 roller that runs off a wiper motor and runs at about 60 rpm (Bit slow) but no dust.

Would have love the Matt Mill. Problem is they are not exporting from Germany at the minute because of COVID-19. Caleb Macquire from Braufox have none in stock. I was after the Matt Mill Kompact Comfort. Millmaster have just put their price up from $299 to $399. So I got one from Keg Keg 3 roller geared mill. Just waiting on it.
If you mean Keg King 3 roller with the driven roller, I have tried it at their store and was very impressed. Mills the grain as good as the Matt Mill, I was of the opinion that the larger roller would be better but it seems they are not.

Thats look great crush . I am just waiting on mine. What size did you set your rollers ? Are you using a drill ? I look at the motor they sell, but I reckon that 180rpm is too fast. I have a 2 roller that runs off a wiper motor and runs at about 60 rpm (Bit slow) but no dust.
I am going to try this with a drill set up don't know if it will work (enough torque) but worth a try.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4000W-H...epid=0&hash=item2cdfde0c65:g:0NAAAOSwaEZcdZfQ

If you mean Keg King 3 roller with the driven roller, I have tried it at their store and was very impressed. Mills the grain as good as the Matt Mill, I was of the opinion that the larger roller would be better but it seems they are not.
Thats good to know. Thanks for that. The think I liked about the Matt Mill was its compact size.

Last edited:
One of our members bought the Maltzilla and we had the unboxing last night, pretty disappointing. Why make something, that needs to be robust, out of plastic?
One of the feet had broken off, and it must have been packed like that cos the foot wasn't in the box. I think anyone wanting one would find it better waiting for the 2nd or 3rd generation.
002.JPG

1589426512896.png

I do remember reading something on another thread where a couple of forum members had the same problem of the foot being broken, buggered if I can remember which thread.:confused:

Maybe thats why they advertise it with a foot missing, so you won't be looking for a replacement after you open the box. Yes sir, thats perfectly normal sir, 3 feet only, but you don't get to pick which foot is missing. Money back? I'm sorry sir but thats how it is advertised. Next.:cool:
Plastic, just cheap and nasty.

Have you run any grain through it yet?

Looking at the pics again, looks like the same corner is missing but the motor is on the opposite side.
Is it actually snapped or made like that for easy attaching/removing from a mounting board?

Maybe thats why they advertise it with a foot missing, so you won't be looking for a replacement after you open the box. Yes sir, thats perfectly normal sir, 3 feet only, but you don't get to pick which foot is missing. Money back? I'm sorry sir but thats how it is advertised. Next.:cool:
Plastic, just cheap and nasty.
Really can't believe they are sending them out like that, where is the quality control.

Back