Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the size difference in the rollers, 38mm Vs 69mm

I didn't think the original Mill master was made anymore?

Check out the size difference in the rollers, 38mm Vs 69mm

I didn't think the original Mill master was made anymore?

Not too sure Kev.
Still available on the MashMaster website I think.
Any experience with the MiniMill?

I didn't think they made the big one anymore either...

Crusty, I own and love the mini mill. Don't be put off by the "mini" part in title. It's the same size as a monster, or crankenstein. Just be aware that if you are going to run it off a drill or motor, the mill is a half inch drive. In drill world, you'll need a drill with 13mm chuck. The crankenstein that I used to have was 10mm shaft, and assume the monster is also as the companies are somewhat related.
The mini is a serious bit of gear, and I love everything about it. Won't go wrong with it mate.
I power mine off an ozito spade handle drill. Insane drill for running a mill. Craploads of torque and a MAX speed of 550rpm so it's easy to throttle it back.

I think that big ******* has only just been released, if I remember correctly the original did not have an ss body, but I think the new one might be overkill for our applications, unless yer thinkin of going pro sometime soon. my .02c

I didn't think they made the big one anymore either...

Crusty, I own and love the mini mill. Don't be put off by the "mini" part in title. It's the same size as a monster, or crankenstein. Just be aware that if you are going to run it off a drill or motor, the mill is a half inch drive. In drill world, you'll need a drill with 13mm chuck. The crankenstein that I used to have was 10mm shaft, and assume the monster is also as the companies are somewhat related.
The mini is a serious bit of gear, and I love everything about it. Won't go wrong with it mate.
I power mine off an ozito spade handle drill. Insane drill for running a mill. Craploads of torque and a MAX speed of 550rpm so it's easy to throttle it back.

little video of my MM-Mini in this thread running the same drill as Big Nath
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=64045&hl=

i like the mill, well built etc

Crusty if your thinking of buying a mill i could go in with you from the US, i live in port macquarie so not too far away for postage. let me know if your keen

Crusty if your thinking of buying a mill i could go in with you from the US, i live in port macquarie so not too far away for postage. let me know if your keen

adrianryan,

I also live in Port Macquarie.

If you want any milling done, and don't otherwise have access to a mill, you are welcome to use my original MillMaster.

I have to ask Crusty, but why are you looking at a mill when in the other thread your selling your brew gear including a mill?

I think Crusty has been 'turned' by the dark forces of BIAB. Spiedel beckons.

FWIW I picked up an MM2 Monster Mill and it seems rock solid doing single batches. So all of those suggested should blitz 5-10kg grain bills.
Ease of adjustability is worth looking at. MM2 is certainly easy, two thumb screws, done.

I got the Hand Crank as well 'just in case' and, like most I'd guess, I used it just the once - never again - the blisters are nearly healed.
Picked up a (shit Bunnings) Rotary Drill that can only just do the job but will do for now.

FWIW I picked up an MM2 Monster Mill and it seems rock solid doing single batches. So all of those suggested should blitz 5-10kg grain bills.
Ease of adjustability is worth looking at. MM2 is certainly easy, two thumb screws, done.

I got the Hand Crank as well 'just in case' and, like most I'd guess, I used it just the once - never again - the blisters are nearly healed.
Picked up a (shit Bunnings) Rotary Drill that can only just do the job but will do for now.

After many good hours of crushing, I'm still as happy with my MM2 as the day I purchased it. And the motor addition makes life good.

QldKev

I have to ask Crusty, but why are you looking at a mill when in the other thread your selling your brew gear including a mill?

Well, after a couple ( too many ) APA's I put the brewery up for sale & put the mill in to go with the sale.
It was a mistake as I wanted to keep the mill but my mistake, someone else's good fortune.
Will look at either another Barley crusher or MashMaster & motorize it this time round.

Ah, the dark forces of simplicity. You nailed it mate. To some, it may seem absurd to go from what I have back to something more ghetto but it's what I'm comfortable with at the moment. I have really turned my brew days into something I'm not enjoying & with 3 kiddies all bidding for my time, I am looking at simplicity once again. The Braumeister is out of my price range so will either get another false bottom & a weldless ball valve kit & go with the ghetto setup or get a 40lt urn exposed element & give biab a go. Heard some great stuff about biab, beers are fantastic & quite a simple process. I loose the ability for precise temp control & maybe loose some efficiency but that's where I'm heading.

I have a crankandstein 2A and love it.

Never had a problem with it, and ordered the hopper and base with it as well.

Definitely worked out cheaper than buying something from here, as much as I like supporting local.

Sponge

Ah, the dark forces of simplicity. You nailed it mate. To some, it may seem absurd to go from what I have back to something more ghetto but it's what I'm comfortable with at the moment. I have really turned my brew days into something I'm not enjoying & with 3 kiddies all bidding for my time, I am looking at simplicity once again. The Braumeister is out of my price range so will either get another false bottom & a weldless ball valve kit & go with the ghetto setup or get a 40lt urn exposed element & give biab a go. Heard some great stuff about biab, beers are fantastic & quite a simple process. I loose the ability for precise temp control & maybe loose some efficiency but that's where I'm heading.

Know how that goes crusty, had the brew kitty $200 short of a BM at the end of January had a family emergency in Perth, drained the account, so mini biab for me for a while, least till I can scratch together the rest of the kit for the kegerator, though there been some nice single vessel systems poping up on here may go down that path. :rolleyes:

Back