Grain Mill/pasta Maker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou

Reaction score
I'm looking at some pics of a grain mill and it looks an awful lot like those italian pasta machines, where you can roll and cut your own home made pasta dough. Has anyone tried doing a conversion? beacuse there are alot of those things lying round for $5 at vinnies/garage sales. They are fully ajustable width wise and can be fitted with a drill

if it hasn't been tried i might have a go, being in the market for such an item and all

lou

great idea!

/me glances evilly at the pasta maker in the kitchen.

but SWMBO would kill me

By the time you pull it apart and get the rollers knurled it might be better to buy a proper one, but its worth a look.

lou said:
I'm looking at some pics of a grain mill and it looks an awful lot like those italian pasta machines, where you can roll and cut your own home made pasta dough.
Its a Marga Mulino by Marcata (the makers of the Atlas brand of pasta machine)
Whilst they look similar they are a completely different animal (I have both)

The marga is pretty good for a small scale mill, once you modify it a bit as many people here will tell you. Search the forum for "marga" or on the grumpys forum or the goliath forum

Its not worth trying to mod the pasta machine (i thought about it at first!)

HTH

Ausdb

Or better still get a barley crusher ot hte crankandstien mill

So this idea was a no go? What would have to be done to get it to crack a kg or so of grains?

slugger the margo mill is ok as a lot of brewers use it but it is not ment for grain but flaower so needs some adjustment i would rather spend the extra coin and get a bc mill

Latest posts

Back