Grain Mill For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagger

Reaction score
I am in the process of making 4 new grain mills to sell; these are fully adjustable by adjusting the two screws at the front. I have been using one i made couple of years ago and its still going strong. The Two s/s knurled rollers are knurled with a straight knurl and are 50mm in diameter. If any are interested PM me for more information, price is $300.00 and comes with a drill adapter.

Mill components are
Aluminium base plate
Aluminium adjustable sideways with mounted bearings
Slide clamps
2 x 50mm s/s rollers both are driven via spar gears
s/s locking screws

If you need to have a look at some drawings please PM me with your E-Mail address.

Stagger

Sounds Great Stagga,

"Your not a real brewer if you aint got a Grain Mill "
:p

( quote Batz)

Pumpy

Stagger Have you tested the straight knurl ?

yes i think it gives a better crush, i run around 85 - 90% all the time and never had one stuck sparge

Stagger

Neat one Stagga do you have a hopper ?

Nice work Stagger. Built like a brick dunny, just how we like em..

Out of curiosity what gap do you run on it and what rpm.

Borret

I have experimented a lot, the motor runs 1440 RPM and the gap is 1.2mm it give a fantastic crush for my setup

Stagger

I am crushing at 0.7 theses days its gives better efficiency but hard work as I am doing double batches .

What HP is the motor ?

Pumpy

I do 45L it takes me probley 4 min to crush 8-9 KG, an have a efficiency between 85 - 90%. mor so now that i have started using a esky as a mash tun not sure how it would alter the efficiency but it has.

Stagger

I should be finished the last two today so will post pic's when completted, stay tuned

Stagger

Ok all are completed and only have one left to go, i forgot my camera to will post pic'c tomorrow if have it still.

Stagger

sounds interesting... the only problem I have is that it's $300 I could be spending in my trip...

Well what can i say that's the price, i have spent the last 41/2 days making the last 2 so i am not making much, plus material.

As i have said this will last a life time.

Craig

maybe you should just use a rolling pin P&K - they're cheap :rolleyes:

or a hammer. they're pretty cheap too

Jez

peas_and_korn said:
sounds interesting... the only problem I have is that it's $300
[post="94471"][/post]​
Perfectly reasonable for a hand made mill in my opinion. I would grab one if I didn't already have the Barley Crusher.

if my a tradesman made it at work for a price @ 60 an hour it would cost you $1230 for labour plus material

I'm not saying it's a rip, I'm just saying it's a lot of money, which would pay for 6 days of my trip (by my budget, which will surely be broken)

Back